Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Schwalbe, when is an "Evolution" an "EVO"
  • sydney
    Free Member

Evolution or Evo, I don’t know.
    Went to buy a Schwalbe tyre, I wanted a Nobby Nic same as on the bike but bought a Racing Ralph instead.
    The box said Evolution and was a TL ready snakeskin, I had trouble fitting it and noticed
    it did not say “EVO” on the tyre like my old Nobby Nic. I wasn’t happy with the tyre at all, just didn’t seem a performance tyre to me.
    When I took it back the man in the shop rang Schwalbe and asked why it says evolution on the box but does not say EVO on the tyre.
    Seems “evolution” is a branding for a range of tyres and nothing to do with “evo” written on the tyre?????????

Not sure what “evo” is now

Dougal
    Free Member

Evo and Evolution are the same thing, Schwalbe use the branding interchangeably.

Their Product Features page gives you an explanation of all the logos: http://www.schwalbe.com/en/produkt-features.html

davewalsh
    Free Member

Evo is the range, basically it means that you’re getting the better triple compound tyres rather than the plasticky dual compound ones. If the tyre is marked with the compound i.e. Pacestar, it’s one of the EVO range. If marked Performance or ORC then it’s one of the cheaper ones.

sydney
    Free Member

So this is the tyre I bought today

http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/schwalbe-racing-ralph-snakeskin-tl-folding-gatestar-26×225-id79194.html#info

Comes in a box with Evolution on the box.
    They have several of them so its not a wrong tyre in box problem

This tyre does not have an EVO label on the tyre.

chives
    Free Member

So one of the square boxes next to where it says ‘Nobby Nic’ doesn’t have EVO in it? If it’s got Gatestar written on it then it’ll be an Evo tyre.

sydney
    Free Member

There are no square boxes on the tyre at all.
    I know the ones you mean because they are on my Nobby Nics.
    can’t recall if it says Gatestar on it

bigyinn
    Free Member

Hmm, need to check my hans dampf tyres….

davewalsh
    Free Member

There should be a star between the Racing & Ralph with a number 3 in it and the word ‘Gatestar’ below the star.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

why did you buy a 4x tyre?

there will be a code on the front of the box starting 116 or 117

what is it

maxtorque

sydney
    I wanted a Nobby Nic same as on the bike but bought a Racing Ralph instead.

er, really? I not entirely sure that the compound is the most of your worries. They are quite a different tyre to the NN’s

(when the rain comes back, you’ll find out 😉

dirtyrider
    Free Member

ive used RaRas for the last 3 years all weathers no issue, peaks ride a plenty included

sydney
    Free Member

[why did you buy a 4x tyre?

there will be a code on the front of the box starting 116 or 117

what is it]

Don’t know what you mean by a 4x tyre.

I took the tyre back so I don’t have the box any more.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Schwalbe, when is an "Evolution" an "EVO"’ is closed to new replies.