Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Schwalbe Ultremo Tubeless Road Tyres
  • Jase
    Free Member

Anyone one if these are available yet?

The Schwalbe site seems to suggest they are but I’ve checked online at the usual suspects with no luck.

Ta.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

I think the ZX and the ZX Tubeless are different tyres. One being tubeless, and the other, well, not. BikeRadar did a review of the tubeless ones and seemed to think they were good, but they’re heavier and more expensive than some of the the options.

Jase
    Free Member

Cheers, will keep an eye on that thread.

elliptic
    Free Member

Mine are coming from XXcycle in France. Haven’t seen them in the UK yet.

Gary_M
    Free Member

My wheels are tubeless compatible so whats the benefit of road tubeless? From reviews I’ve read the tyres are heavier than a trad tyre/tube combo. Is it just a comfort thing so you can run lower pressures?

nockmeister
    Free Member

I’d have thought for puncture protection over comfort, as in you use a sealant as well??

I hope they have changed the compound of tubeless ZX’s as my standard ZX’s cut up quite easily

richen987
    Free Member

HI,

I swapped from a set of mavics tyre & tube combo to a set of ultegras & tubeless Hutchinsion Fusion 3’s about 4 months ago,
    I tried the Hutchinson Atoms as well but they come up really narrow when inflated so swapped back to the Fusions.

From my limited experience

1.the weight is about the same if you run harder wearing tyres/tubes for commuting/training purposes
    2.they are heavier than light race slicks and race tubes.
    3.they were a nightmare to get onto the rims, may just be this combination tho, one sealed first time, the other sealed after an hour
    you do not need a lot of sealant either.
    4.I haven’t had a single puncture in 4 months and i ride them rain or shine for comuting and training, everyday, approx 100-150 miles a week.
    5.i run them at about 90psi so they are a little more comfy than my previous higher psi road combo and they do seem to roll very well.

Overall pretty pleased with them, the tubeless tyres on offer are pretty limited in choice but for everyday duties they seem to do the job well and anything that stops me changing a tyre my commute is very welcome.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Is it just a comfort thing so you can run lower pressures?

Lower pressures so more comfortable and supposedly will roll better, no chance of pinch punctures and small cuts can be sealed when using sealant.

Downsides are they slightly heavier than a lightweight clincher/tube combo, not a big range of tyres and they can be an arse to get on and off the rims. Haven’t had any problems with them sealing though.

Jase
    Free Member

£78 delivered from that French shop, great price, will prob order some come payday.

kw88
    Free Member

Been looking at going tubeless for a while, just spoke to Schwalbe in the UK,go on their site and there’s a list of shops which are/will be selling them….

http://www.schwalbe.co.uk/ultremo-tubeless/

TiRed

Was thinking of ordering a set for some new aero wheels. That was until the non structural carbon fairings filled with water in last nights jet wash downpour. Had to remove the tyres and tubes and drain past the rim tape! That would be hard with tubeless. Might try them on my kysrium elite’s, though.

zilog6128

My set arrived today – very quick delivery from Germany (starbike). So quick, in fact, that they’ve beaten CRC delivering the valve stems so I can’t even fit them today! Grrrr! Will be fitting them to Kysrium Elites so I’ll report back with how I get on.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

They are in stock in the UK now. Schwalbe dealers should have some, or will be available to order.
    Very happy with mine, gives a great feel at ~90psi.

zilog6128

I did use the “find a dealer” function on the Schwalbe website but it returned 0 results 🙁 Mate of mine is a local Schwalbe dealer but he’s in Morzine at the moment! 90 EUR delivered sounded OK to me though. Normal Ultremo ZX are my current (and favourite) road tyre, so hoping that the tubeless ones will be just as good – possibly even better due to the slightly lower pressure!

zilog6128

Fitted the tyres without a problem (although they were pretty tight) last night and inflated them no hassle with a track pump. They held pressure right away even before putting the sealant in. Basically the perfect, pain-free tubeless setup, much easier than any MTB tyre I’ve done! Air still in this morning as well. Not ridden them yet though!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Schwalbe Ultremo Tubeless Road Tyres’ is closed to new replies.