Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Schwalbe tyres
  • nick99
    Free Member

Hi all, can any one shed some light on the different varieties of Schwalbe tyres? There seems to be a totally bewildering array of different options and ‘technologies’. Trying to work what is what based on the companies descriptions/advertising nonsense is proving too hard!

Basically I’m after a 29 x 2.25 tyre for XC racing that will work tubeless. (on Mavic crossmax SL’s)

Currently thinking probably a Ralph for the back and a Nic for the front?

Thanks in advance.

Rorschach
    Free Member

2.25 Ron front and 2.1 Ralph back in Evo Tl (snake skin if you want them a bit tougher) flavour seems popular.
    I’ve been on Ralph/Burt all year…which has been interesting at times 😯

tomaso
    Free Member

If you look on their website it will explain the compounds and casings.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

I run the Ron/Ralph/Nic combo’s depending on the course.
    All 29×2.25
    All Snakeskin & never had a problem going tubeless with a track pump.
    Yes there are lighter versions, but I’d rather have them a bit tougher

nick99
    Free Member

Thanks for the help, once you have worked it out from their website it’s then another job to decipher how CRC or Wiggle have listed them so you end up with the right ones!

For example, Wiggle have 3 racing ralphs listed – a snakeskin, a dual compound performance (both of which match up exactly with the Schwalbe website) but then also just an Evo version – it’s not lightskin and it’s not snakeskin, so which version is it?

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/schwalbe-racing-ralph-evolution-folding-29er-mtb-tyre/

Probably I will end up going for the snakeskin option to save hassle as its the first time i’m trying tubeless.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Get them off Nextdaytyres

Scapegoat

Cheaper from ze Germans
    Hibike.de probably best value and reliable delivery…although I’ve never checked for 29ers

Kryton57

Don’t discount the current Performance (dual compound) version, especially in 29 and especially on the rear. Ran them on the front at Afan with no issues, half the price too – actually some are £20 at Amazon ATM. 60 tpi thread so more puncture proof than the Evo’s went up tubeless first time with a track pump.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Schwalbe tyres’ is closed to new replies.