Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Schwalbe Tubeless Easy – no it bloody isn't!
  • davosaurusrex

Bought a Magic Mary 29 Tubeless Easy and foolishly assumed it would go up easily with a track pump as previous Hans Dampfs, Maxxis and specialized tyres have done all on the same rims. Unfortunately the Mary beads are ridiculously loose. Gave up last night and put a tube in, seems the old tricks of inflating first with a tube, double layer of rim tape etc are required. Anyone else had this? Seems a bit crap to be honest when other recent TR tyres are so easy to inflate. Annoying.

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

I feel your pain. I tried switching to a Magic Mary and had the same problem. I tried leaving on for a day with an innertube in as well, but still couldn’t inflate it with a track pump. I gave up in the end. My Maxxis and On One tyres go up tubeless no problem, not even fast pumping required.

davosaurusrex

Seems strange, the Hans Dampfs that I put on to the same rims over two years ago were insanely tight, could barely get them on and the tyres weren’t even new then. The Mary has got to be one of the loosest tyres I’ve ever had.

panzerjager
    Free Member

Just fitted a Hans Dampf & a Magic Mary tubeless, both fitted perfectly, both bloody tight, had to use tyre levers for the first time in ages. 27.5″ mind, not 29″.

ferrals
    Free Member

Yes it bl00dy is! 😆 likewise various types xc orientated schwalbe 27.5 fitting fine for me with track pump

mccraque

I find schwalbes very easy. Only once when a tyre was a little kinked from the packaging did I have to put a tube in and do one side at a time.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I’ve just put some ‘tubeless-easy’ Schwalbe’s on and they were a doddle.

No sweat popping them on, no porous sidewalls bleeding out latex, just up and done.

Very impressed.

Kryton57

It is for me. I find the easiest way is to put them on with a tube, carefully removing the tube to leave on side popped onto the rim, and up she goes.

dropoff

Just fitted a pair of MM gravity tyres and they were an absolute doddle, nice and tight to get on and up first time. However the MM snakeskin is awful, it’s so loose on the rim theres no way it will inflate so yeah can’t understand the easy bit.

chrismac

Mine were 29ers and light too. Even so it still needed the help of the compressor rather than the track pump to get them to seal

cloudnine
    Free Member

Just buy an air shot or similar.. Takes the stress out of inflating tubeless tyres

nickharv

With any Schwalbe I always put them on first with a tube, pump them up to 60 PSI and leave for 48 hours. Then I’ll put them on tubeless, and generally speaking, they go on without too many problems.

pigyn
    Free Member

Yep, you are correct. They are very loose, vastly harder to seat than they used to be. I blame all the people who complained the old ones were too tight..

bails

S-ones went up tubeless with a track pump on my gnarmac/enduroad bike. Easiest tubeless experience ever to be fair.

dskelly81
    Free Member

Go to local motor mechanic, ask to borrow their air hose, screw out the valve core to increase air flow, & boom! Should inflate straight away

notmyrealname
    Free Member

I used to swear by Specialized tyres but the last couple I’ve had have been awful with porous sidewalls and problems getting the beads to seat.
    Just bought a couple of Schwalbe tyre for the MTB and they both popped on straight away with a track pump, no faffing with tubes first, and no leaks at all from either tyre.

I won’t be going back to Specialized tyres now!

pictonroad

Straight on with a Bontrager charger pump, didn’t even take the valve out. You’re welcome to come over and use it Dave.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Schwalbe Tubeless Easy – no it bloody isn't!’ is closed to new replies.