Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • schwalbe tubeless?
  • slowrider
    Free Member

hey all,

ive got myself a set of dual ply big bettys and was just wondering if they will work tubeless? i know some of the non-tubeless scwalbes can be a bit porous…

Vortexracing

My non UST nobby nics are spot on.

I would assume BB especially dual ply will be no problems at all

giantjason
    Free Member

my non UST nobby nics were a nightmare and no matter how much sealant we used they wouldnt seal. and that was using a compressor! I was using 819 rims

they have a different shape around the bead of the tyre that helps them seat on the rim.

Chucky – what rims were you using?

glenncampbell

My nobby nic UST's were fab – bought some non UST racing ralphs and they were a nightmare and the walls leaked so much you'd think they were made of sponge – would pay more for the UST's and the peace of mind.

Vortexracing

355's

starseven
    Free Member

Running non UST Nobby Nic no problem, see lots of others doing the same with ralphs etc. Maybe just got lucky 🙂

(355's here too)

slowrider
    Free Member

ill give them a bash then…might get lucky lol

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I run a non-UST Fat Albert on the front (ghetto)

and a UST version on the back, as the sidewall is sturdier

Works a treat. No issues with losing air or anything else

sslowpace
    Free Member

Nobbly Nic and Racy Ralph on Stans Olympic rims here. No problems here at all, but i did use two measures of sealant. I do find the stans sealant works best.

njee20
    Free Member

I've converted Nics, Ralphs, Ron, Freds and Black Sharks, all with a track pump, on Olympics and Rovals, with no problems at all.

I was using 819 rims

There's your problem, the bead of loads of tyres will retreat into the well, UST rims with UST tyres only IMO, too much faff otherwise!

hamishthecat
    Free Member

I'm using Nics and Ralphs non-UST tubelss. No problem sealing etc but they do cut very easily on the sidewalls.

grahamb
    Free Member

Non-UST Nics on 819's here. They were no more faff to get on than the Conti Vert. Pro's i'd been using previously. I'd rather put up with 10 mins hassle getting them sealed first time, for the long term weight saving c/w UST specific tyres.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘schwalbe tubeless?’ is closed to new replies.