Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Schwalbe TLR leaking sealant
  • ichabod
    Free Member

Just noticed my tyre is leaking sealant around the seams – all the way around on both sides. Is this normal or should I send it back – it is pretty much new!

Photos here…
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/75567900@N07/8882623271/

neninja
    Free Member

My TLR Ralph’s certainly don’t do that.

cardo

er no that’s never right to be honest, a few small pin hole type leaks on my N/N side walls but that looks like a manufacturing defect.

prezet
    Free Member

My Ralphs refused to seal, after numerous numerous attempts. Never had it leaking like that though. Just dozens of tiny pin prick sized holes around the sidewalls that the sealant just couldn’t seal (for some reason).

Not sure if the snakeskin or double defence versions seal easier.

ichabod
    Free Member

This one is the snakeskin version.. it also seems to be holding air ok so the sealant must be doing its job!

I have had the tyre on for a few months but over the last couple of weekends have given the bike a real hammering in Wales so maybe this has somehow ruptured the seam in the sidewall. Or perhaps I have only noticed it since the tyre got dusty (in Wales… dusty!!!)

Northwind

Never had a schwabbly do that! Doesn’t look right at all.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

My Ralph leaks from multiple pin porticos across the tread, and loses pressure a bit quicker than the TLR hans dampf I use, but nothing like that.

bigjim

I’ve got a nn that does that for about half a cm of seam and it’s OK, that looks bad though, back to the shop!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Schwalbe TLR leaking sealant’ is closed to new replies.