Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Schwalbe Snakeskins – all equal?
  • james
    Free Member

Running tubless with Stans on Stans Arch rims

Every so often in rocky sections at speed, I’ve pinched the top of the tyre (where the tread is, where the snakeskin sidewall isn’t) making a small slit that the sealant can’t seal
    Albert S/S 2.25″ Dual Compound front a few years ago
    Rocket Ron S/S Pacestar 2.35″ 2 months ago and again this week

Are all snakeskin tyres about the same build or are some a bit lighter built than others?
    eg racier treads like rocket ron’s, might Hans Damph’s be the same or any thicker?

Which parts of a Super Gravity casing is thicker?
    Is a specialized Grid casing any better?

sideshow
    Free Member

Can’t answer your main question

The super gravities I have never used but they are thicker under the tread

The specialized grid, if it’s anything like the specialized sx which is no longer made (I suspect it is…) is also thicker and more pinch proof.

coatesy
    Free Member

Did a tubeless conversion a few months back on a pair of either Nobby nics or Rocket Rons, the pair bought from our supplier at the same time, same spec, and both TR, one inflated and stayed up, the other went flat within 1/2hr, and was piddling sealant through it’s walls for days, so i’d say they’re not all the same build.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

What about the Double Defence Scwalbe tyres?
    Or TNT casings from Geax/Vittoria. They’re tough.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Super gravity tyres USP is that they have thicker sidewalls and the whole lot is snakeskin offering better protection as far as I understand.

james
    Free Member

Hmm SuperGravitys have the snakeskin all the way around which looks like what I want, its the extra lower sidewall bit seems to be the thick bit making them nearly as heavy as double defences ..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Schwalbe Snakeskins – all equal?’ is closed to new replies.