Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Schwalbe Rock Razor and Thunder Burt height?
  • nixon
    Free Member

Would anyone happen to know or be able to measure the heights of both of these tyres when fully inflated, please? By height I mean the distance from the edge of the rim sidewall to the top/centre lug of the tyre. I’m having a bit of trouble with my 650b conversion and squeezing in a tyre so was wondering if either of these semi slicks might be the ticket.
    Cheers

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I have both but the Burt is 29er – does that matter?

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Rock Razor is more of a cut down DH tyre than a semi slick.
    It has a chunkier, sturdier carcass designed for trail/enduro.

Thunder Burt might be better for you, it uses the Rocket Ron & Furious Fred carcass and its slimmer, lower and designed as a more XC racing tyre.

I don’t have heights, but the Burt is the lower tyre.

nixon
    Free Member

@Reggie: That’ll be fine cheers, it hopefully won’t vary much between the sizes.

@Matt: Ah cheers for the info, I’ve only seen pictures of it so have no real idea. It’s a shame tyre manufacturers don’t quote a height (and also a width which isn’t all over the place).

dingleberry
    Free Member

My 650b Rock Razor looks to measure about 56mm on a 30mm internal rim.

Pretty fat tyre overall, so if you’re squeezing something in might not be the best bet.

nixon
    Free Member

Cheers for that, that’s the Rock Razor off the list. I’ll just order a pair of Thunder Burts which will be fine for the summer, gives me some time to sort out squeezing a more knobbly tyre in for the winter.

rexated
    Free Member

I’ll just order a pair of Thunder Burts which will be fine for the summer

Unless you like in the UK and there’s any hint of moisture on the ground! I put on a TB on the rear last night, and the ground was a bit damp. Changing beck to a Ralph for a race this Sunday. The Burt is absolutely mind-blowing on firetrails, hardpack, and in the dry, but show it a damp root and it will show you the ground rapidly, and up-close!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Schwalbe Rock Razor and Thunder Burt height?’ is closed to new replies.