• This topic has 10 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Haze.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Schwalbe Pro One
  • Haze

Anyone on 23’s that can measure them for me?

I’ve just swapped my tubeless clinchers onto the winter bike since I’m already sick of tubes, I’m riding 25 at the moment which come up pretty big with hardly any clearance. Fair bit of rubbing going on judging by the evidence on both the tyre and chainstay today!

Haze

Anyone tried Hutchinson Fusion 5 All Season?

bensales
    Free Member

From memory, before I binned them, my Pro 23s came up at 25 on Ultegra rims. Handy, as I’d planned on getting 25s but if they come up large too, they wouldn’t have fitted.

spangelsaregreat
    Free Member

It depends on the rim. I have the 25s on my Chinese carbon rims and they come up 24. My S Ones come up 28 on my Magic Askium disc wheels.

Haze

It depends on the rim.

Sorry yeah, of course it does!

It’s a Pacenti SL23…but not the 23mm you’d think, it’s 25mm outside (and the older version on the front is 24mm).

In the markings on the sidewall it has 28 x 1.00, not sure what that refers to? If the 23’s come up roughly as 25 I think I’d get away with it.

Stan_Dingup
    Free Member

Anyone tried Hutchinson Fusion 5 All Season?

Yup. Have Pro Ones on my light wheel set and F5 AS on the winter wheels. Had been using Conti 4 Seasons before but wanted similar performance but tubeless.

Really impressed to be honest. Wear is very good and wet weather grip is better than the Contis. Come up a little narrower than the Pro Ones but that’s not a bad thing as there’s less mudguard rub. Would highly recommend.

Haze

Stan, do you have the Fusion in 25?

Stan_Dingup
    Free Member

No, 23. Not quite enough space for 25s on a Kinesis Aethin running SKS Raceblade Long guards.

They come up about 24mm wide using my calipers on Shimano RS610s compared to 24.4 for 23mm Pro Ones on Easton EA90 RTs.

Haze

Cheers Stan, sounds like I might be able to make the 23’s work

leeroybrown
    Free Member

Hi Haze i’m running Pacenti SL23 with 23 pro ones they are 26mm

Haze

Cheers, 26 is better but not sure it will be enough to run them with any confidence.

Gone with the Fusions since they come up a little narrower.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Schwalbe Pro One’ is closed to new replies.