Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Schwalbe One Vs the new Pro One… anyone ridden both?
  • cloudnine
    Free Member

Just about to re-build my tripster into 11spd and was looking at tubeless.
    Anyone ridden the new and old schwalbe ones?
    Apart from price and about 100g per tyre is there much difference?

scaredypants

I wasn’t aware that the pro ones were available yet (- in 25 anyway)

scaredypants

currently out of stock
    Expected: Within four weeks

cloudnine
    Free Member

Im pretty sure they were in stock the other day as i got an in stock notification

scaredypants

that’s interesting, cheers – I’ve looked every now & then since they were announced (my current Ones are OK but won’t last that much longer)

Vortexracing

I have got both 23’s and 28’s in the original one, and I’m over the moon with both. I’m a true tubeless road convert.

and I’ll be replacing these with the pro option when they wear out as 100grammes saving is not to be sniffed at.

scaredypants

hmmmm,

signed up for a stock notification after your post, c9

guess what – now in stock 😯

<searches for Jimmy Hill image>

scaredypants

delete cookies from that site & go back – out of stock again

I’ve bought stuff from them before I’m sure, but this doesn’t look like great business practice 😐

cloudnine
    Free Member

I think theres 1 tyre left in stock which keeps going in and out of baskets 😆

oxym0r0n

Slight hijack: are all ones tubeless? Thanks

mboy
    Free Member

Have done a fair few miles on both, probably 2500 on the original One’s and over maybe 800 on the new Pro One’s now, always tubeless.

Was very happy with the old One’s, despite their weight. The new Pro One’s are lighter, marginally faster rolling, but don’t seem quite as tough. They’re more of a race tyre than the One, which many people argued was too heavy to be taken seriously given its price point. I’ve noticed the Pro One’s do seem to cut up more, put it that way, though they are lovely to ride on especially as they’re more supple than the original One.

For anyone looking for Pro One’s, speak to your local Schwalbe stockist. I’ve had them in my shop for a couple of months at least now. I’m lucky enough that I got sent a handful of pre-production samples to test as I sell a lot of Schwalbe tubeless road tyres, which I’m still using, but I’ve got both 23’s and 25’s in stock of the Pro One Tubeless tyres (email in profile if you’re after some asap) and 28’s on their way.

mashiehood
    Free Member

What mboy said. Having ridden both the pro one are more supple and feel like a normal tyre as opposed to the std one which felt rock hard regardless of pressure.

mashiehood
    Free Member

Ps I have to revert to a 23 at the back as experiencing some rub on chainstay with 25. I’ve just ordered a 23 from mantel, if only I’d read mboys post earlier

drovercycles
    Free Member

Slight hijack: are all ones tubeless? Thanks

No. There are ordinary clincher versions, and tubeless versions. The ordinary ones are definitely not tubeless compatible!

I believe there’s stock available at the moment, we certainly have some stock though I think we might be running out soon, but expect to be able to get more quickly.

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Like Mboy said, speak to your local Schwalbe dealer, we have some new pro one in stock.

The old “ones” came in standard and tubeless.

The new pro ones are “tubeless ready” (like most MTB tyrs) so can be run tubeless.
    They inside is diff, and you need to use sealant with the new tyres, where the old “ones” where more UST type tyre and didn’t need to have sealant as they where air tight. (I run them with a bit of sealant as I only found this out a few months ago!)

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Schwalbe One Vs the new Pro One… anyone ridden both?’ is closed to new replies.