Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Schwalbe Lagano tyres any good?
  • aw
    Free Member

Schwalbe Lagano tyres any good?

thinking of buying some at £15 each for my condor road bike. Previously always used Michelin

Kryton57

The are fairly good but a hard ride. I moved from those to the similarly priced Michelin Lithion 2’s and never looked back – softer ride and last for ages!

aw
    Free Member

thxs Kryton…

my Michelin enduros were much more expensive at £40 each…seemed to wear quickly too

infidel
    Free Member

Not a huge fan of them. Try Michelin Pro 4 endurance which now the power line has been released are good value

dmck16
    Free Member

Have used Schwalbe’s Durano (dual compound, folding) for the last year including winter – good grip and never punctured, probably a little heavy but roll well enough for a MTBer.

When these wear out I’d be tempted by Michelins Pro 4 (also mentioned above) based on a recommendation from a friend who is predominantly a roadie and swears by them.

captain-slow
    Free Member

Are they any good? Depends what for…

Wouldn’t race crits on them, but they are my go to tyre for winter miles when flinty roads around here cut softer and more expensive tyres to shreds and I’m not throwing the bike into corners anyway.

Actually, I still have them on and it’s now flaming June – not sure I can be arsed to change them/can justify extra cost of better tyres

fifeandy
    Free Member

+1 for Pro4 Endurance.
    Not as fast or plush as a proper race tyre, but miles better than cheap entry level tyres, and also seriously puncture resistant.

aw
    Free Member

Use pro 4s currently but last pair were £40 and was offered the Laguna at £15! Plus they. Have a blue stripe that matches the bike!

amedias
    Free Member

Michelin Lithion 2

Seriously under-rated entry level tyre that ^

Can be had for £25-27 per pair with tubes, they’re not as good as the decent £40+ per end tyres but they are waaaay better than most £25 per end tyres, they are an absolute bargain for a training and commuting tyre.

Pro4’s are a very good mid range option though, I tend to be in the use cheap tyres or posh tyres camp though, the middle ground is a bit wishy washy, you notice they’re not as good, but you don’t have the ‘sod it they only cost £13’ offset feeling.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Schwalbe Lagano tyres any good?’ is closed to new replies.