Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Schwalbe Ice Spike tyres failing – have Schwalbe/UK importers stopped listening?
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

I lost 40+ studs out of Ice Spike tyres at the Puffer (6 weeks ago) and contacted them asking for some spares shortly after.

Since then I’ve heard nothing.

Should I tweet/FB them or just give up and support another brand?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Well, that went well…

sweepy
    Free Member

Ha, I kept my gob shut cos my snowstuds haven’t lost one and I didn’t want to jinx it.

rickmeister

Did you ride them on something solid to seat the studs before the Puffer..?

And have you still got the full suss fatbike frame ?

sweepy
    Free Member

I did.

No I **** didn’t, who would 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

They were well bedded in Rick, and the FSFat is getting re vamped as I type. I did 30% of the filing in 8 hours today.

Have we met BTW?

joshvegas
    Free Member

I lost about 8 when i did it two years ago.

Just purchased a bag of 50 or so plus the tool and popped them back in as needed.

Annoyingly is some cases it seems that the stud ripoed the knobles almost off so they flat about and are rendered useless for hold a new stud.

cynic-al
    Free Member

You can buy studs?

*googles*

rickmeister

Al, don’t think so but I think we have some common pals.. I did offer £90 when I saw the frame for sale but I heard nothing. can’t remember if it was eBay or ukfatbikes …

cynic-al
    Free Member

I forget to check threads, just rely on emails/pms.

It’ll be £900 after the man hours & 853 going into it this time!

Woodentop
    Free Member

I had an issue with some just before Christmas (I posted on here about it), mine came from CRC, I returned them and got a full refund, I also contacted Schwalbe UK to see if it they had been from a bad batch or if I was just unlucky, it took about a week but I finally got a reply from a guy called Will ( willb@schwalbe.co.uk ) he said I’d been unlucky with them, and if I ended up with another pair in the future and lost a few spikes then he’d be happy to send me some replacement spikes.
    Hope you get something sorted.

boblo
    Free Member

5 seconds of Google:

you stud

That’ll be £50 please 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Schwalbe Ice Spike tyres failing – have Schwalbe/UK importers stopped listening?’ is closed to new replies.