Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Schwalbe Hans Dampfs on Stans 355?
  • dav1d
    Free Member

Is this combo going to work (2.35″ tyres) or am I going to be blowing the tyre off the rim/struggling to fit it?

I’ve been riding 2.25″ Nobby Nics on 355s for a while and not had any issues, so are the 2.35″ Hans Dampfs much bigger?

I’m assuming I should go with the PaceStar version as I’m used to Nobby Nics and it’s going on a 140mm bike.

Superficial
    Free Member

They’re a lot bigger. I’ve just changed from nn 2.25 to hd 3.35 on my flow rims. The hd are massive by comparison.

They’re pretty draggy too so I’m using the pacestar rear and trailstar front. I can’t work out if it’s just the current weather – they seem to slide about a bit but they’re really predictable which makes them really fun to slide around on. They’re very large volume too so I’m running tubeless and no pinches so far whereas the (snakeskin) Nics were too thin/small really, got a few sidewall tears.

honourablegeorge

I run 2.4 Nics on Crests, the 2.35 HDs on my other bike are a shade smaller, not sure if the 355s are narrower than the Crests though….

Great tyre… despite me nursing a dead leg from falling on a rooty section about thirty minutes ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Schwalbe Hans Dampfs on Stans 355?’ is closed to new replies.