Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Schwalbe hans dampf,any good?
  • lardhelliwell
    Free Member

Thinking of getting a pair of these as a tyre for all seasons,read some good reviews,but what do you think?Will probably go for the trail star with snakeskin sidewall.

Cheers John.

matthew_h
    Free Member

Found my 29er versions far too draggy and slow but don’t know whether the 26″ version would be the same.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Mate o mine has one and says it’s very draggy but awesomely grippy.

I’d say just good value – He paid £23.

emmodd
    Free Member

Awesome tyres.

Superficial
    Free Member

There was a psa thread a few weeks ago with a deal for a pair from germany for £65 ish. The proper ones, pacestar/trailstar combo. Think it was bike-components.de. I’ve been running them, seem pretty nice. Large volume, pretty draggy but not excessively so and decent grip. They seem to let go quite easily but slide predictably so good for feeling like a riding boss.

Radioman

Very good , grippy and light for their size. a worthy successor to my Fat Alberts.

jimmyreload
    Free Member

Terrible tyre when it’s muddy. Unless you live in a very arid region I’d say go with something else.

Superficial
    Free Member

*Or a very rocky region, I presum?

jambalaya
    Free Member

I just bought a pair for £66 (Evo Trailstars) equiv delivered via a German site, bike24.de

cheers_drive

I’ve got the trail star / pace star combo from bike-discount.de
    Very impressed so far, inflated tubeless easily using a track pump. Haven’t found the grip limit yet and once off road they don’t seem that draggy.
    Had 2.25 advantage / crossmarks combo before, wouldn’t blow up tubeless without C02, would burp (standard not TR) and the crossmark really wasn’t any faster on anything but smooth trails.
    Haven’t used in thick mud yet and probably wont.

Stevelol
    Free Member

Love mine, also find them fine in mud, I bought the bikediscount pair and they’re proving tough tubeless after being ragged around gt /Inners/lee quarry. Rubber queens are similar but faster rolling.

jambo13
    Free Member

I’ve got the 2.35″ Trailstar on the front of my 29er, also from bike discount.de

Tbh didn’t get on with it at first, I felt like it would slide out too easily but then started playing around with the tyre pressure a bit.

Turns out I was running them too hard, now getting on fine with them. Not too bad in the wet either, and easy to put on tubeless.

Not sure I’d use them on the rear though, too draggy as others have said.

JoeG
    Free Member

Just got a set of 26″ 2.3 Trailstars and am impressed so far. I usually run my tires tubeless, but am running these with tubes on my backup wheels while my main wheels are in the shop. I am able to run crazy low pressures, 20F and 22.5R.

toons
    Free Member

They don’t shed mud.

patriotpro
    Free Member

The proper ones, pacestar/trailstar combo

The ORC (cheaper) version is just as “proper” if you don’t require tubeless-ready.

Superficial
    Free Member

Yeah, by proper I meant ”expensive’. Are the cheaper ones useless as tubeless then? The expensive ones are great for tubeless, simpler than anything else I’ve tried anyway.

Clink

Love mine – on front of 2 29ers. Rune tubeless at fairly low pressures. Grip very well (especially the Trailstar) and found ok in mud. Roll ok for a beefy tyre. Use a 2.4 Ardent on back.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Schwalbe hans dampf,any good?’ is closed to new replies.