Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Schwalbe hans dampf on an Orange 5 650b. Question
  • andyt1054
    Free Member

Thinking of buying a pair for my new five

Just wondered if the rears caught on the inside of the rear swing arm – I know fives don’t allow much width on the rear tyres. FYI I’m using stans flow rims set up tubeless.

Any experience helpful!

Thank you

Andy

filtertips

I had a Five 650b MkII and the HD 2.35 caught the inside of the swing arm, enough to gouge the paintwork. Swapped them to a HR2 2.3 which was fine.

omaknees
    Free Member

2 Fives in the family, both 2014 650b, both have HD 2.35 rears. There is about 5mm clearance each side on both bikes.
    One is an x small frame.
    Dunno about the second generation 650b Fives.
    Cheers

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Northwind

They’re pretty rubbish, regardless of whether or not they fit, tbh. For the job they’re supposed to do, Minions are just absurdly better, tbh so are lots of others.

sweaman2
    Free Member

NW +1. I’ve torn all the side knobs off two sets of HD in under a season (warranty replacement has now also expired) I’ll be switching to minions shortly as most mates run them and haven’t got a bad word to say.

Goldigger
    Free Member

They fit, have them on my 5. Low pressures and a bit of tyre squirm gets them touching the paintwork.
    Put some frame protection on the inside and don’t worry about it.

andyt1054
    Free Member

Thanks for all the info lads – much appreciated 8)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Schwalbe hans dampf on an Orange 5 650b. Question’ is closed to new replies.