Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Schwalbe Fat Albert sizes?
  • godzilla
    Free Member

I was going to try some Schwalbe fat alberts on my Pitch as there are some killer deals on them at the moment, can anyone give me any advice on what size ect, 2.25 2.4 do the 2.25 blow up large, will a 2.4 clear my frame ect ect..

Or should i steer clear altogether?
    Sorry if this topic has been covered, i cant realy afford to make a £40 mistake so.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

2.35 or 2.4 up front works well. They’re fairly big for general trail use but have really good grip.

but I run less at the back, usually 2.25 is enough.

A mate runs 2.4 rears and they are funny big.

I run usually std tyres front (ghetto tubeless) and a UST rear. This is on hardtail and general trail riding.

Macavity
    Free Member
    godzilla
    Free Member

So 2.4 front and 2.25 rear is a sensible combo?

chakaping
    Free Member

I have a set of 2.4 Fat Alberts (front and rear specific) on my new bike, spent three days in Lakes on them and seem quite promising.

Seemed to work best at low-ish pressure, but huge volume and fast-rollingness let me get away with that.

The 2.4s are massive, might even be as huge as the Conti RQ 2.4. Bigger than a Maxxis HR 2.5 anyway.

Only tested on rock, snow, ice, sodden grass and graded tracks so far, can’t comment on mud.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

So 2.4 front and 2.25 rear is a sensible combo

It’s what I’ve run for the last two years and I like it.

They don’t do too well in wet conditions – but then not much does – but on drier and rockier stuff they are excellent – tough and grippy. I’ve run the in the Lakes and Alps and they’ve taken everything.

the_lecht_rocks

where are they on a good deal – my favourite tyre 🙂

godzilla
    Free Member

the_lecht_rocks
    tell me what size you use front and back and i will tell you 😆

godzilla
    Free Member

And whats orc?

doom_mountain

Just received my set from On-One, went for 2.25 f+r, look about the same as 2.35 HRs, first non Maxxis tyres I’ve had for a while.
    Can’t resist a bargain 😉

godzilla
    Free Member

Ha, thats where i saw them too. still cant decide what size to get..

doom_mountain

what tyres / size do you run at the mo?

godzilla
    Free Member

Spesh eskars 2.3 f&r. there actualy pretty good if you push them.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Schwalbe Fat Albert sizes?’ is closed to new replies.