Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Schwalbe CX Comp – tubeless?
  • superjohn71
    Free Member

Anyone had any luck running these tubeless on suitable rims?

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Yes…. On stock non tubeless 19mm internal width Alex Rims. Had to pack out the middle of the rim with a few wraps of gorilla tape (3 wraps) but popped up fine with a blast from ghetto tubeless inflator (no way they were going to seat with track pump).

Needed a little extra stans to seal the sidewall but lasted a good 6 months before I switched to the nano’s.

Edit… Mine were the folding (not wire bead). I have never had much luck with wire beaded tyres and tubeless setups. With a tubeless specific rim you may be alright.

downhillfast
    Free Member

As above I used the folding versions on some Alex rims (apparently tubeless compatible), weeped a bit of sealant from the sidewalls for the first few weeks but held up fine.
    I only changed them as I had the 30c version and wanted a bigger volume tyre.

TiRed

Yes. Running 559 wire beaded on Stans Crests on my frankencross. Took a while to seal, but have been flawless ever since. They are the only 559 cross tyre available, so I thought I’d have a go. Raced them at the SSCX championships earlier this year.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Schwalbe CX Comp – tubeless?’ is closed to new replies.