Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Schwalbe Addix compounds
  • bruneep

Anyone using the addix compounds?

looking at a MM tyre, the blurb is pointing me towards the blue

Addix Speedgrip (blue identifier)

The compound with by far the widest range of use, almost a universal compound. Ideal for cross-country, all-mountain, and trail. Durability is 62% higher compared to its predecessor, PaceStar, with grip up by 35%.

I cant seem to find any available, plenty of orange though.

lawman91

Magic Mary’s are only available in Addix Soft in snakeskin or Ultra Soft or Soft in the Supergravity casing. Speedgrip is not available on the Magic Mary, only on the Hans Dampf, Rock Razor, Nobby Nic, Racing Ralph and Rocket Ron. Tbf if you think Speed Grip is the compound you want the Magic Mary probably isn’t the right tyre for you, I’d look at the Hans Dampf or Nobby Nic.

bruneep

Whats this then?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    steel4real
    Free Member

You’re both right – because although Schwalbe are claiming to make it, whether you’ll find any MM’s in ‘Speedgrip’ is another matter ?

For my money – if you’re using it on the front the ‘Soft’ should be fine as it’s not much different to the old ‘trailstar’ which I find good all round.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Supergravity Mary is an awesome front tyre.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Running a Supergravity Addix Ultra Soft Magic Mary on the front. Id say its moderately grippier than a Butcher Grid on hardpack but I wouldnt want to run a harder compound on the front as a truely mixed conditions and ground type tyre.

Other than that, it’s a brilliant tyre.

oikeith

I just moved from a Hans Dampf trail star to a Magic Mary soft (orange) rode in the wet yesterday and can say it didnt offer less grip or rolling resistance, I can def say it didnt clog with mud as easy though!

lawman91

I stand corrected, seems they released a 2.6 & 2.8 Magic Mary in Speedgrip compound without telling anyone! No “regular” Magic Mary’s in Speedgrip though, and given how big a 2.35 Magic Mary is even the 2.6 is going to be a big old tyre!

fifeandy
    Free Member

Good spot! 2.8 MM in Speedgrip may make a nice front for my Cooker SS

cookci
    Free Member

650b+ speedgrip? This might persuade me to buy a plus bike

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Schwalbe Addix compounds’ is closed to new replies.