Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)
  • Schumacher to return
  • tails
    Free Member

so what do all you nah sayers think to this

i really really hope he gets podium, nah actually i hope he wins.

tails
    Free Member

haha lovin the tag!!

moe_szyslak
    Free Member

tag is a classic.

I am not really a Shuey fan (smug, cheating, german, boring etc etc) but this is sensational news.

the-muffin-man

I bet Hamilton has got a big grin on his face – just got a race winning car and has now got the chance to go head-to-head with the 'arguably' best driver there has been!

…bet Jenson is kacking himself though!!

badblood
    Free Member

Going to be a hell of an end to the season, can't wait!!

tails
    Free Member

'arguably' best driver

whats the argument he's won the most so is the best. its the only real measurable.

i do think he will happily step aside for massa on his return though. massa is a class act and fully deserving of his seat.

Houns

Should be interesting, can't wait, at least shuey is a better driver than massa in the wet

tails
    Free Member

yeah the german was immense in the rain, thats when you new it wasn't just the car. still it ain't moto gp.

hora
    Free Member

moe_szyslak Agree

the-muffin-man Agree

Hamilton raced against Alonso who beat Schu. I wonder what this will do to Hamilton's motivation…

markgraylish
    Free Member

…bet Jenson is kacking himself though!!

I doubt it – no one is more likely to take points away from Vettel or Weber than Schumacher (assuming Ferrari can get their act together)!

tails
    Free Member

thing is he has nothing to win or lose, championship is braun or redbull he may only be in the car for couple of races, the biggest loser could well be kimi. at least it will liven the field up the big names will certainly be braking later.

tails
    Free Member

double post oh the shame

matthewjb
    Free Member

the biggest loser could well be kimi

It will be interesting to see how a 40 year old who hasn't raced for three years compares to Kimi. I think he may suddenly look quite ordinary.

I suspect Braun are probably quite pleased. Someone else to take points away from Red Bull.

tails
    Free Member

I think he may suddenly look quite ordinary.

kimi or the stig? 😉

matthewjb
    Free Member

kimi or the stig?

Kimi

But that's a good point. He'll have to fit the races round filming for TG.

DaveGr
    Free Member

If memory serves, Schumy was "retired" from Ferrari to make way for Kimi. Should make for an interesting partnership. I wonder if they'll send Schumi out on wets when it's not raining !!!

BrokenCollarBones
    Free Member

Yes Yes
    Just seen on BBC News
    Schumacher is back
    Go Schumacher

I Hope he shows everyone how its done!!
    Driving Legend!!

shoefiti
    Free Member

Driving bellend more like.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I dont follow F1 because its a bit dull, but I'm guessing Hamilton hasn't raced against him in an F1 car? I imagine Hamilton will be really looking forward to it because its not every day you get to race against one of the all time best F1 drivers.

Personally I hope he does ok. Its great to see a 40 year old bloke getting back in to the pinacle of a sport.

MisterCrud
    Free Member

It's only car driving for god's sake. Turn the wheel, push the pedals. If only those incredibly gifted engineers and entrepeneurs could turn their skills to windmill design, or solar power transfer, instead of the sideshow that is F1, then we might delay the inevitable for a few extra centuries.
    Rossi, now THERE's someone to look up to.

hora
    Free Member

OP why the Lance-hater comparison? Lance was on the podium after 3 grueling weeks. You think Schu will actually win a race? 😆

You do realise that theres a young lad called Hamilton who beat Alonso in his rookie year don't you?

owenfackrell
    Free Member

If you want some one to look up to in motor sport then loob at Sebastian Loeb and his recored in rallying.

hora
    Free Member

Sebastian Loeb in a F1 car….I reckon with his driving style he would actually be bloody good as well.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I'm not a Schumacher fan but I'm really excited about this. I know he wont be up top full race fitness but he will probably be fitter than most of the field. It will be good to see him up against Lewis and hopefully Button will have his car working for the next race, not to mention Vettal. Kimi is an interesting one I wonder if this will make him faster or slower. I think he might have a point to prove.

hora
    Free Member

I_Ache – totally agree. I think I'll skip riding to watch this race.. 😀

Bestmates a lifelong hun-fan. My mobile will be on hand to send texts of scorn his way…..

badblood
    Free Member

MisterCrud – Member

It's only car driving for god's sake. Turn the wheel, push the pedals. If only those incredibly gifted engineers and entrepeneurs could turn their skills to windmill design, or solar power transfer, instead of the sideshow that is F1, then we might delay the inevitable for a few extra centuries.
    Rossi, now THERE's someone to look up to.

ha ha- only car driving!!! the G forces generated when conering will reduce most people to a gibbering wreck within 10 laps as your neck muscles cannot cope and essentially collapse!

Also all the adjustments that are done lap after lap and mind bending speeds while talking to the pit, keeping car on the limits of adhesion, try not to brake too late, managing the 700 odd bhp without spinning out the rear wheels and managing the heat in the cockpit.

JUST car driving eh? ok mate…

BTW Rossi is incredible as is Loeb – I would love to see all 3 of them in a head to head race where they tried each others disciplines and then see who is best, would be a good ROC showdown!

guitarmanjon
    Free Member

This is brilliant news. I was really hoping this would happen but didn't think it would. I can't wait to see how Schumacher performs. Kimi showed last weekend that the car has got better so now with someone in it who can drive Ferrari might get some good results. Hamilton will be loving this, as I'm sure Vettel will be too.

Can't wait 3 weeks…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

BTW Rossi is incredible as is Loeb – I would love to see all 3 of them in a head to head race where they tried each others disciplines and then see who is best, would be a good ROC showdown!

Race of champions? I think there have been a few goes at this – getting drivers and riders from each discipline to race against each other in different disciplines. IIRC rally drivers usually win

Rossi was within a second or two of Schumachers times in a Ferrari F! car and is pretty handy in a rally car, Schumacher is an also ran in bike racing.

Loeb the best, Rossi second, Schumacher third as all round drivers

eth3er
    Free Member

just waiting on a few people to come and do a "well, we was wrong innit"

vinnyeh

race of champions? I think there have been a few goes at this – getting drivers and riders from each discipline to race against each other in different disciplines. IIRC rally drivers usually win
    Rossi was within a second or two of Schumachers times in a Ferrari F! car and is pretty handy in a rally car, Schumacher is an also ran in bike racing.

These 'races of champions' normally take place in cars. If it was a true multi discipline race then I would probably expect the bike rider to cream the rest of the field, especially with his experience in all three vehicle types.

monotokpoint
    Free Member

Brundle: "So what upgrades have you brought to Valencia?

Brawn: "New aero package for the car"

McLaren: "Improved engine"

Ferrari: "Schumacher"

stumpy01

Rossi, now THERE's someone to look up to

Oh, I hope that's meant to be ironic…..?

Or, put it another way…."it's only bike riding for gods sake. Turn the handle bars, twist the throttle…"

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Rossi described his cornering technique in a recent motorcycle magazine.

At the apex – maximum lean, knee down, throttle wide open ( traction control)

Bike starts to run wide – a bit of rear brake to transfer weight to the front wheel. Loaded front wheel develops chatter. A bit of front brake to damp the chatter.

So thats knee on the ground at 70+mph, full throttle and both brakes on on two contact patches the size of the palm of your hand.

tails
    Free Member

OP why the Lance-hater comparison? Lance was on the podium after 3 grueling weeks. You think Schu will actually win a race?

sorry that was not lance hating just there are similarities between the two and i was surprised lance didn't go for/get a win. Perhaps next year.

yeah i think if schumacher sees the season out he will get a win. Thats besides the point this is the best thing in F! since hamilton stuck one on alonso in his rookie year.

Loeb the best, Rossi second, Schumacher third as all round drivers

i always find these comparisons unfair its like maradona, best, pele, zidane, cruyff all amazing.

jimmerhimself
    Free Member

It's actually quite heartening to see that experience is being valued in two sports that usually favour youth and skill over all else (cycling and motorsport)!

Assuming Schumacher is passed as fit to race I'm actually very intrigued to see how he compares to the current drivers. The thing is that F1 has changed a lot since he retired and a lot of the personalities have changed in Ferrari itself. The most obvious one being Brawn leaving.

I wonder who will punt who off into the gravel if Hamilton, Alonso and Schumacher all arrive at the same corner at the same time though;-)

hora
    Free Member

I wonder who will punt who off into the gravel if Hamilton, Alonso and Schumacher all arrive at the same corner at the same time though;-)

Hamilton in the gravel (with a drive through penality)
    Alonso also with a drive through penality just for being next to schu
    and Schu track position with no penalties.

CVC Partners demand this to help them pay off their debts you see..

bukkakehairdo
    Free Member

I'm not certain that you even have to be that fit to race F1, Kimi is a proper lush, Barracello looks tubby and is a spitting image of the guy in city kebab in Cardiff and i've kicked Mark Webbers ass in an MTB race although that was a few years ago, and he looked like he was going to puke. Also i reckon i'd easily be able to win a fight with Button, he looks a right wimp.

What is race fittness?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Errrmmm – there are many sorts of fitness. They need good muscle strength and enduramce to cope with the G forces and good aerobic fitness to deal with the fact their herat rates will be high for two hours.

This does not mean they need to be very lean with low body fat % or be good at cycling – not the same at all.

Compare the build of swimmers to that of TDF cyclists – both fit but the % body fat and body shape will be very different

Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘Schumacher to return’ is closed to new replies.