Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 100 total)
  • Schumacher 'seriously' injured in skiing accident
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Sounds potentially bad

http://news.sky.com/story/1188157/michael-schumacher-hurt-in-skiing-accident

I know he polarises opinions, but not good

Pigface
    Free Member

Loathed him as a driver but really hope this isn’t serious and that he is ok.

pingu66
    Free Member

No indication of whether it is serious or not yet. Didn’t like the guy as a driver but he does seem likeable as a person after he retired. Hope he is OK.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

BBC says it isn’t ‘very’ serious.

Helmets

wallop

Twitter ranges from ‘serious head injury’ to ‘not serious’.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Hmm, conflicting news reports. Appears that he hit a rock with his helmet shod head and it may or may not be serious. Anyway, with luck he’s OK (even if he had ben shouting at the telly with some of his driving tactics!)

PJM1974
    Free Member

That’s awful news – here’s hoping he’s not seriously injured. If he was skiing alone then he must have been able to raise the alarm himself, otherwise he’d have succumbed to exposure pretty quickly.

toemul
    Free Member

a painful broken leg would be ok.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Bad news from the BBC – apparently in a ‘critical condition’

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25545993

scotroutes

From Sky News

Former motor racing world champion Michael Schumacher is in a coma following a skiing accident in France.

The 44-year-old German suffered a “serious brain trauma with coma on his arrival, which required an immediate neurosurgical operation,” according to a hospital in the French city of Grenoble.

Schumacher was wearing a helmet when he reportedly hit his head on a rock while skiing in the French Alps.

He was airlifted off the mountain following the accident in the resort of Meribel, in the popular Three Valleys area.

The sports star was skiing with his 14-year-old son and some friends when the accident occurred.

paulmgreen
    Free Member

Not a Dan of Schumacher personally but fingers crossed he’s ok and recovers

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

There probably won’t be any reliable news about prognosis for 48h, until swelling starts to subside.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Fingers crossed for him.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Hope he’s OK. Without the helmet he probably would be in a very much worse state 🙁

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

toemul – Member
    a painful broken leg would be ok.

Dear oh dear.

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Bloody hell, obviously hope he’s alright.

Shows you the value of wearing a helmet whether its skiing, biking or whatever.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Sounds very bad I was a never a fan, the complete opposite actually. I really do hope he pulls through!

mikey74
    Free Member

I was a never a fan, the complete opposite actually.

And the point of adding this is?

Very sad news. I hope for his, and his family’s sake, he pulls through. No personal thoughts on his driving ability are relevant.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Schu. Skied the part (maudit) of meribel many times. There but for the grace of God….

(Unsurprisingly as debate following Natasha Richardson’s untimely accident shows, the helmet debate is far from conclusive. But I will leave that for another time)

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

Love him or hate him, either way he’s done an enormous amount for F1 over the years so very sad news 🙁

luffy105
    Free Member

I’ve spent a few nights in the high observation head Injury unit at Grenoble hospital and he’s in good hands. Not a nice place to be but seen the staff there patch up some terrible things and perform miracles. Hope he makes a full and swift recovery.

JCL
    Free Member

I will fake a little cry like he did when Ayrton died if he passes.

irc

Shows you the value of wearing a helmet whether its skiing, biking or whatever.

Yeah, really worked preventing that head injury.

molgrips
    Free Member

You mean ‘mitigating’ surely?

mashiehood
    Free Member

Can we please not turn this into another bickering session about helmets. My thoughts are with him and his family. A legend whether you are a fan or not.

hora
    Free Member
    fr0sty125
    Free Member

mikey74 – Member
    I was a never a fan, the complete opposite actually.
    And the point of adding this is?

The point is, no matter what people thought of him he was a giant of the sport and everyone hopes he pulls through.

durhambiker
    Free Member

Well, it prevented it being much worse…

Prof Jean-Francois Payen told reporters that if Schumacher had not been wearing a protective helmet “he wouldn’t be here now”.

sugdenr
    Free Member

irc – Member

“Someone who had suffered this accident without a helmet would not have made it this far,” Dr Payen said

🙄

bearnecessities

JeremyClarkson @Jeremy Clarkson

The worrying thing about brain injuries is that you can recover only to find you’re a midget with a marked Birmingham accent when drunk.

Oh dear, and I’m not even a JC ‘hater’..

freeagent
    Free Member

Terrible news, I hope he pulls through..

tiggs121
    Free Member

Oh Dear – Clarkson just help being a complete T**t.

He just doesn’t realise it yet.

parkesie
    Free Member

Isnt that clarkson quote taken out of context? Like 4 years out of context?

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

irc – Member
    “Yeah, really worked preventing that head injury.”

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’d say it’s more a case of “My mate recovered from a brain injury, but he’s still a short Brummie.” Fingers crossed that Schumacher can make an equally successful recovery. Without the Brummie bit, of course.

RustySpanner

tiggs121 – Member

Oh Dear – Clarkson just help being a complete T**t.

I hate Clarkson with a passion rare in one so plump, but I can’t see owt wrong with that?
    Surely he’s just taking the piss out of the other one?

Can’t stand Schumacher either, but I really hope he’s ok.

bearnecessities

I can’t see owt wrong with that

Maybe it’s just me then, but I can only see eveything that’s wrong with it, and I’m not the ‘offended’ type!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Why don’t people like Schumacher? Is it because he kept winning all the time?

andyl
    Free Member

IIRC JC knows Shumacher very well. I suspect the comment was made in the mind set that he is really rooting for him to make a full recovery and it’s the way he expresses himself in such a situation. Schumacher has a wicked sense of humour which is one thing that has won me over after his early years of F1 did him no favours.

Similar in the way seeing Hamilton interact with kids in real life changed my opinion of him instead of what you see when he acts in the heat of the moment or is portrayed by edited footage and written to sell papers.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

So – Why don’t people like Schumacher? Is it because he kept winning all the time?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘Schumacher 'seriously' injured in skiing accident’ is closed to new replies.