Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • schrader rim tubeless set up, will a presta valve work?
  • jpacey
    Free Member

about to set a 5 yer old magic EN521 rim up tubeless. will presto tubeless valves work given that it has a schrader valve hole?

cheers

James

thomthumb
    Free Member

yes.

benpinnick

Yes but you’re best off sourcing a conversion bung or you may end up forever chasing leaks around the valve. Like these have as an example – http://www.effettomariposa.eu/en/products/caffe-tubeless-valve/

mrlugz
    Free Member

Why not use tubless schrader valves?

I coulndt get a seal when I used a conversion bung.

Used proper valve – no issue.

pictonroad

Tubeless schrader valves are a far better idea. Now that rims are wide enough I think it’s time for MTB’s to bin presta valves. Once you’ve used one you’ll not want to go back.

shermer75
    Free Member

Have used both Mavic tubeless presta valves and presta valves chopped out of old inner tubes in rims that are drilled for shrader, both worked fine.

FWIW one benefit for presta is that you can get the valve core out with pliers, whereas shrader need a special tool. Other than that shraders seem to get less bunged up with latex and it looks like a bigger hole, which would help a little when seating the beads

wwaswas

I use the Stans Schrader valves on my hugos – they were easier to set up tbh as the hole with the core removed is bigger.

Wish all tubneless valves and rims were that size!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘schrader rim tubeless set up, will a presta valve work?’ is closed to new replies.