Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Schoolboy error
  • fervouredimage
    Free Member

I went to Cannock today on my trusty Specialized Camber. Enjoyed it for the first 30 mins, though i found it unusually heavy going, then i started to get really fatigued. I’m no athlete but I can usually do ‘the monkey’ without too much trouble but i was getting really bad cramps. I got off the bike, feeling a bit despondent when i noticed that, in a rush at 6am this morning, i’d put on a pair of big old 2.5″ ‘super tacky’ High Rollers, usually reserved for my DH bike. I continued but it was bloody hard going. By the end it felt like i was trying to pedal a tractor.

Downhill tyres no good going uphill. Who knew?

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

Had same experience with a muddy mary, called her many bad names and have not taken her out since

seavers
    Free Member

6am?! Count yourself lucky I would have forgotten to bring a bike.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    colin9

Swapping tyres at 6am? Blimey, I switch them less often than the seasons. I tend to almost forget my helmet if it’s the morning.

letmetalktomark

I feel your pain.

When I originally built up my Cotic Soul I was less than impressed with my first ride.

Felt like I was constantly riding into a headwind …..

I was running a 2.5″ dual ply ST Highroller on the front …… The wrong way around ….. 🙄 😳 😆

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Swapping tyres at 6am? Blimey, I switch them less often than the seasons. I tend to almost forget my helmet if it’s the morning.

Cannock’s an hour and 45 mins from me and it was the first time on my bike in a month. Got a rare day off so wanted to make the most of it. Current tyres resembled slicks so last minute dash to throw on a new set. I was still half asleep so didn’t notice what I was throwing on.

colin9

I do like Cannock, only been there twice but definitely a good way to spend a day. Went round last autumn with some extended family on a collection of 90s bikes dragged straight out the shed with an assortment of bar ends and panniers. A few strange looks but everyone had a great time!

scaredypants

I did a medium-length xc ride with a group I’d never ridden with, on ST (or slow reazy or whatever) swampthings once

I couldn’t get near them as they chatted their way along a tarmac road at the start and got worse from there 😳 . I ended up quite poorly with a really kacky chest for a couple of weeks after it (maybe cause but felt like effect ?)

chrisdw
    Free Member

A friend of mine has arrived at a trail centre meet up before now with 2 bikes and 3 wheels.

wiggles
    Free Member

I rode the entire vereders trails in the FOD with my fork locked out…
    In my defence they were RST forks so out of their 120mm travel they only used 0.000005mm even when not locked out.

takisawa2

You could have turned the tyres inside out to liven things up a bit.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Schoolboy error’ is closed to new replies.