Viewing 16 posts - 201 through 216 (of 216 total)
  • School Hols – how to balance work etc.
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

A pint with binbins? I think I agreed to that once. 😕

bernard
    Free Member

That’s unfortunate. And quite hurtful, if I’m honest. But your certainly not alone in your opinion. Or wrong, for that matter.

I was going to ask you if you fancied nipping out for a pint later? Fancy it?

Unfortunately I have plans to make, work to do, kids to look after and a pious preach to prepare not forgetting that lottery ticket, I will never be a sucess without a bit of luck

binners

You’ll always be a success to me bernard! 😉

Kryton57

Anyone been allowed to take 6 weeks leave at once and work the rest of the year?

Is it too tiring?

jamj1974

Parental leave – we have 4 weeks leave (Not that I ever availed myself of all of it – more fool me.) available to parents of children 5 and under paid at 65% of base salary. Unfortunately my boys are 6 now – so unpaid leave it is…

Emergency parental leave is a different policy for us.

Bernard, I sincerely hope I have not offended you – also this thread is too long to read all of it retrospectively, so I have missed your original post you mention above.

bernard
    Free Member

Bernard, I sincerely hope I have not offended you

Nope not offended at all appreciate the enquiry though, especially now I have realised where the problem came from.

Kryton57

206 – my largest thread, cheers Bernard for you hard work. 😀

bernard
    Free Member

No problem these things do not happen by random chance you know

Kryton57

They don’t? I mean I know you put a lot of effort into it but…. 😉

bernard
    Free Member

shhhhh binners will hear you

Kryton57

He already has, I’m sitting next to him drinking your pint 😀

zokes
    Free Member

Has anyone ever seen bernard and edukator at the same time?

#justsayin

binners

Cheers chaps

I’ve left the kids in the car, while I nip for a pint or 4. I’ve left the window open a bit. They’ll be ok, won’t they? 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

See I said I had misunderstood what Molgrips was saying and I said I had not been clear in what I had said

Thanks for clearing that up. I think we all just mis-understood each other.

However – there are plenty of people (my father-in-law’s one) who DO think that your success in life is solely down to how much work you put in. I once said to him during an argument that not everyone can win, and he disagreed.

I tried to explain that there are very few movie stars, CEOs, racing drivers, published authors, professional sports people etc compared to fast food workers, cleaners, shit shovellers and so on, but he didn’t get it.

For everyone to be happy in their jobs you have to have the same number of people wanting to do shit jobs as you have shit jobs.

PS binners is a top bloke. Except a bit one-sided when it comes to politics.

Kryton57

I can’t believe you Binners, you didn’t leave them a bowl of water? Outrageous! *reports binners for crimes against humanity*.

jekkyl

It was me that said to Bernard that he was lucky not to have to work. I hadn’t gone back to this thread until now and didn’t realise what lively discussion my comment had provoked. I suppose a better word to have used would have been ‘fortunate’ – Bernard you’re very fortunate not to have to work, through whatever means that fortune was acquired.

I am in my last 5 minutes at work on Friday and shall be riding out this evening with some pints at the end, have a good one all. 😀

Viewing 16 posts - 201 through 216 (of 216 total)

The topic ‘School Hols – how to balance work etc.’ is closed to new replies.