Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Schlek out of the Tour
  • myheadsashed

Positive test…!
    Didn’t see that one coming 😯

mikewsmith
    Free Member

neither did he!

damo2576
    Free Member

I wonder why they ban certain non performance enhancing drugs?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

because it’s used as a masking agent (I think) or at least used to clear ones system before urine testing.

There would be no normal reason to take it. He is saying he didn’t currently.

Conan257
    Free Member

He’s not out the tour, I don’t think…

UCI cannot ban him for that substance, and they’ll have to wait on the results of the other batch…

damo2576
    Free Member

Well he/his team have withdrawn him – even though not strictly necessary

Holyzeus
    Free Member

They will politely ask him to leave the tour..

yossarian
    Free Member

Cheating bastard, just like his brother.

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Couple of days back” where has schlek found this from” or similar, mmmmm I wonder!!! Any bets on new wonder kid next???

camo16
    Free Member

Why would Schleck dope/cheat/whatever when the Tour’s already lost and there’s no chance of glory? Would he risk his reputation to come, say, fifth in the GC? Or is this finding the result of a longer-term doping programme?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Why would Schleck dope/cheat/whatever when the Tour’s already lost and there’s no chance of glory? Would he risk his reputation to come, say, fifth in the GC? Or is this finding the result of a longer-term doping programme?

Only Singletrack Can Find Out!!

Quick bring me the gallows now

camo16
    Free Member

Quick bring me the gallows now

Well, perhaps he’s innocent… which I guess was my point. 8)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well, perhaps he’s innocent… which I guess was my point.

Mine too if maybe too subtle. The forum Shoot First approach always seems to win.

mike_p
    Free Member

All that is required in order for cheats to prosper is for good men to do nothing.

String him up

16stonepig
    Free Member

This is a weird one. As far as I can tell, it’s not really that helpful a drug in terms of performance. Also, it’s just so blatant – there’s a specific test and a specific yes/no result. It’s not like blood doping where the labs have to record details over time and make all sorts of calculations and interpretations.

You have to ask – why the hell would he have done it? Sounds a little sinister to me.

Unless of course he just wants an excuse to get out of the Tour, and will have his name completely cleared in a few moths…

mudshark
    Free Member

It’s a ‘specified substance’ which means that it is possible for the substance to enter an athlete’s body inadvertently so not automatically given a 2 year ban.

BermBandit
    Free Member

The simple fact is that at this level a suspect substance in the body is at best incompetence on the part of both the individual and his coaching team, or its cheating. There really isn’t any middle ground on it. What he’s now doing is going for the “someones spiked my drink” defence, which although theoretically possible is about as lame as it gets.

Personally, I’m pretty disgusted with the whole cheating issue and have little or no regard for these so called hyper athletes for that reason. I was starting to think that perhaps, just perhaps the doping nightmare was over. However, it clearly isn’t and obviously I was naive to believe it might be.

Shame that its going to blight what should be a fantastic achievement for British cycling generally.

mudshark
    Free Member

No blight.

tracknicko
    Free Member

Unless of course he just wants an excuse to get out of the Tour, and will have his name completely cleared in a few moths…

of all the reasons you could use to wimp out of the tour, i think blighting your name with a fake dope scandal would be pretty **** stupid.

be interesting to see some more info / b sample results before we all make our final decisions. in fact its interesting enough that he has been pulled / pushed out before the b sample has been checked.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

If people can’t read beyond the first page before posting a thread it’s no wonder the search function has seized up from lack of use…. 🙄

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/frank-been-a-naughty-boy

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/tut-tut-frank-schlek

trickydisco
    Free Member

Just noticed that ‘Schleck masking-agent’ is an anagram of ‘Negligent Shack Smack’.

🙂

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Schlek out of the Tour’ is closed to new replies.