Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Scheuermann's disease, lower back pain and cycling
  • drotos
    Free Member

I tried to ask in another topic, but maybe this is the right place, so again:

I’ve Scheuermann’s disease, or after effects, at least. Lower back pain, and sometimes hard to get off the bike and stand straight.

I’ve just give up a few cyclocross and road course, but I don’t like the idea of completely quit racing. I don’t have so many problems on MTBs.

Do you have experience with Scheuermann’s disease, or other kind of lower back pain, not from fatigue?

I think the drop bars and the especially short effective top tube on road and cyclocross bike make the symptoms worse than riding on MTBs… maybe because of there is more weight on the front end, more balanced position, etc.

But the difference could be because of the wider tyres and lower pressure, to.

What do you think?

Thanks!

tjagain

I have lower back pain – a number of mechanical (lifting) injuries over the years. What works for me is a more upright riding position and a nice high seat. Not sit up and beg but my road bike has bars level with the seat as does my commuter, My MTB the bars are about and inch higher than the seat. Its fashionable to have low bars but for me at least a higher bar increases comfort

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Scheuermann's disease, lower back pain and cycling’ is closed to new replies.