Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Scary Solo Night Riding
  • benp1

I had a badger run directly at me, full tilt, at night, on my own

I didn’t know he was going to stop

I’m a grown man and I was absolutely bricking it, my thoughts went so quickly through my head that I had enough time to think how on earth am I going to explain this

He stopped about 4 metres from me, stared me down, ran back a bit, stared me down again and ran off

Head and bar lights on, probably just wondering what on earth I was. Previous experience was they run away from you, not run straight for you!

Deers staring back at you, with eyes reflecting your lights also ‘interesting’

All good though, and nothing here in the UK that’s going to hurt you!

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Came round the corner, lights on full, turned to go into the cave and was confronted by a half naked couple ‘sheltering’ from the rain..
    Here:

lmao – Clutter’s Cave – That’s one of my old haunts, and never saw the Beast With Two Backs in 10yrs+ – call yrself ‘unlucky’ ! Maybe that explains the handprint on the back wall…

Similarly caught in my lights – a bird hide in a nature reserve seemed to be temporary refuge for four sportshoed feet that all seemed to be pointing in the same direction! Put me right off any thoughts of shelter. Maybe it was a (very) short pantomime horse suit?

rone

was confronted by a half naked couple ‘sheltering’ from the rain..

What happened next?

stevied
    Free Member

What happened next?

I was dazzled by her twin-headlights, apologised and made my way down into the trees for shelter..

Dibbs
    Free Member

When I started night riding the best lights available at the time were 2 watt Vistalites, I used to commute home across the Quantocks after a 2 til 10 shift and even if you did hear anything the lights weren’t bright enough to light it up. 😉

teethgrinder

rone – Member
    What happened next?

Everyone got wet…

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Scary Solo Night Riding’ is closed to new replies.