Viewing 25 posts - 81 through 105 (of 105 total)
  • Scarves…. yay or nay?
  • duntmatter
    Free Member

grum –
    Worth: equal in value to; furnishing an equivalent for; proper to be exchanged for.

Of course, you may already have known this, and were cleverly implying by your post that you would not place such value on a scarf. Well, you
    sure did got me there. 🙂

TheBrick
    Free Member

samuri – Member
    Scarves are like this.

Wear them like this though, and that’s a whole world of wrong.

Oh, and they’re to keep your neck warm so if you wear one inside or when you’re not also wearing other warm clothing, that’s wrong too.

I should write a book of these rules.

Yes! That second style of scarf wearing that seems to have become popular over the last 5 years or so just make you look like a ****, and the wearing a scarf with a t shit on inside is retarded. I’m an annoying **** so always point it out to people if I’m in a group with them both to make them feel smaller and ot make myself feel superior.

EDIT: I don’t sex the scarf sexuality thing though.

Divagirl
    Free Member

I like a man in a scarf. It’s a Good Thing to be able to offer a cold girl and there’s something very erotic having a warm scarf wound around yer neck by a gallant fella 😀

Moses

Perhaps I’m a convert, DG. But usually a buff does the job and it fits in your pocket when you go inside or get warmer. They’re much more convenient.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Buff for me, and I find it useful at this time of year to stop rain/drizzle making its way down the collar of my waterproof on the walk to work, so nothing really to do with warmth.

nickc

I’ve got my scarf on wound like *that* indoors with just a tee shirt on… 🙂

Metro….

luked2
    Free Member

Good grief people. So judgmental. So much insecurity.

I don’t care what people think. I care more about whether I’m going faster than them.

When I show up at a bike race with my scarf gracing my neck, and see other people wrapped up in their fancy winter coats I rejoice!

I know that I will be able to drop these poor insecure people about twenty minutes after the start when they realise they are waayy too hot.

Meanwhile, if the sun comes out and my scarf gets too hot, I can whip it off (the scarf) at the next fire road section and stuff it in my jersey pocket.

Scarfs rock. Scarfs are the sign of wisdom and maturity. A scarf shows that you can plan ahead. Scarfs make the sun shine and the grass grow. Do not wrap your weak and feeble body in a “coat” or a “gilet”. Gilet – that’s not even a word. Use a scarf! Let your body breathe. Demonstrate your confidence in your ability to survive anything that nature can throw at you with nothing but your determination and a small piece of cloth.

anonymouse
    Free Member

I like scarves. Never mind the warmth argument; they’re a fine way of adding interest to an outfit and a splash of colour to lift the spirits.

Oh. Hang on, that does sound a little gay. I suppose I’ll just have to grunt lots to assert my het credentials.

yunki
    Free Member

WHOOOPS!! sorry.. I think this is a different Scarfe…

makes you wonder what the good people of Zimbabwe would think of this argument though doesn’t it..

Esme
    Free Member

A scarf on a bike, Luked2 ? Have you never heard of Isadora Duncan ? 😆

IanMunro
    Free Member

A scarf on a man is ok if you own a Sopwith Camel, bit suspect otherwise.

luked2
    Free Member

A scarf on a bike, Luked2 ? Have you never heard of Isadora Duncan ?

That’s scary. I might need to get a balaclava.

I guess that’s what happens if you don’t conduct a full risk assessment before getting dressed.

ourmaninthenorth

Three scarves in my wardrobe:

School
    College
    Cashmere

Never before had I considered that so many of you would be quite so upset at my wearing one during winter. I shall enjoy sporting them all the more now I know just how much they make your sh*t itch.

momo

Sorry but if it’s really cold outside, then I’ll wear a scarfe, I don’t really care what people may think of me – although never realised that some people would actually have a problem with another man wearing one – when it’s keeping me nice and cosy.

Although I would never wear a scarfe over a t-shirt, that’s just crazy!

IanMunro
    Free Member

You see, there you go – cosy..
    Men should never be cosy. The only thing that should be cosy is your grandma’s teapot.

Moses

Isadora Duncan?
    She just didn’t know how to tie it properly. Properly round the neck, Northern style, and call it a muffler. None of this wussy letting them hang loose.

CashCowell
    Free Member

100% Yes. Scarves are ‘de rigueur’ for any aspiring London gentleman.
    I’ll agree that no man over the age of 18 should be wearing one of those silly shawl type affairs, they have all the appeal of a failing pop star.

However if you’re over twenty and feel that wearing a scarf is effeminate, then you are no man.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I’m wearing a scarf, but only because I knew I would have no other option but to shop at TeeSco for my lunch today. I find wearing a scarf indicates that I am from a social elite and not to be bothered or trifled with.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Do they allow the social elite to enter Tesco?

CashCowell
    Free Member

Chapeau Mr Nutt. I can’t argue with that. Although, as I understand, you’re from Swindon, so merely being able to walk with your knuckles off the ground probably has similar effect. 😀

scotbike
    Free Member

three pages on essential autumn accessories?: sartorialtrackworld.com

surely there’s something for everyone here? 🙂

hels
    Free Member

Dr Who wore a scarf, so it must be cool.

Torminalis
    Free Member

I have a beautiful cashmere scarf that keeps my neck lovely and warm and fills the gap between the bottom of my hat and my coat in the winter very nicely.

If you do a lot of walking in the winter it is a very nice luxury addition, a little refinement amid the bluster and sleet. Of course if you spend all your time defending your sexuality on the internet I am not surprised that you fail to see the benefit. 😉

john_drummer
    Free Member

It’s never cold enough where I live to need a scarf.

If I lived where my sister does that might be different. Last winter the lowest temperature in her neck of the woods was -47degC.

It doesn’t get that cold in Yorkshire

MrNutt
    Free Member

admittedly I did raise a few eyebrows from security, one asked if this was a royal visit but I promptly dispatched him with my walking cane/tazer. And I’ll have you know that I herald from Marlborough I just choose to live within the peoples republic of swindon as it makes traveling anywhere seem that just large bit nicer, as well as the standing bylaw that allows the gentry to shoot any peasants found near or a round a burning mattress on Sundays between the hours of 11:00am and 11:00pm.

Viewing 25 posts - 81 through 105 (of 105 total)

The topic ‘Scarves…. yay or nay?’ is closed to new replies.