Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • scart switch needed
  • bigsurfer
    Free Member

Ok so before i get lots of abuse we have a really nice old Bang and Olufsen TV but it only has one scart socket. Our old sky box had a scart in and a scart out so we could route the DVD player through it but the new sky HD box only has one scart out. I am sick of having to grovel around the back of the telly swapping scart leads. I need a scart switch, are the really cheap mechanical switches bad, do they actually afect the picture and sound to a noticable amount if so what other options are their.

ton

we sell a 3 way scart thing for less than a tenner.
    any good?

Cougar

For a tenner, I doubt it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    speaker2animals

I’ve got a three way switcher you can have for a fiver posted if you like? I only need one Scart on my kit and my telly has two sockets anyway. It might even be a 4 way, I’ll have to dig it out.

bikeandy61@gmail.com

Cougar

I’ve had a couple of mechanical switches. Both ended up in the bin for either not being fully RGB-wired or just degrading the picture unacceptably.

Is there not even an S-video / phono audio input on the TV that you could use? Flap on the front maybe? (The Sky HD box has outputs for this).

Cougar

Speaker > you don’t really want to put your email address in a public thread like that; it’ll get harvested by bots and you’ll get spammed to death.

john_drummer
    Free Member

I had one when I needed more SCART inputs than I actually had; it worked ok but was a manual push-button thing

If I still had it you could have it for nowt, but I’m afraid it’s long gone.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘scart switch needed’ is closed to new replies.