Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Scared
  • dannybgoode

So, having spent the last couple of months pootling around on my own on the bike tomorrow I am going riding with some people that actually know what they’re doing.

Mention of DH runs, doubles, rocky bits – sounds like I’ll have to go downhill at slightly more than the 5 mph I am used to going at – perched horribly forward on my saddle like an overweight bambi on a bike!

Think I might die…

Cheers

Danny B

crikey
    Free Member

Y’all gotta wear you drivin’ gloves, you be jest fine!

dannybgoode

Nah – not for this. might fall off (read will fall off) and ruin them…

wwaswas

Stay at the back on the techs bits. If no one sees you mince then it didn’t happen 😉

crikey
    Free Member

Go have fun, learn from them if they are better than you, but enjoy the ride.

(Don’t be pushed into doing stuff you don’t want to, but don’t be scared to push your own limits a bit!)

legend
    Free Member

I wouldn’t worry, they’re probably as full of shit as everyone else on this forum!

Legeng
    World Cup Level Skillz x2
    😉

maxtorque

You know what, i bet following that lot around is the best thing to happen to your riding! Just relax, stay loose on your bike, don’t tense up and remember (try to remember) to look as far ahead as possible. When you follow them, use them as speed markers, you know THEY get through the terrain at the speed they are going, so just pick the same line and enjoy it 😉

Dales_rider
    Free Member

You will either

A survive

or

B Die

DarrenH

Exactly, what maxtorque said.
    I was in a similar situation that you are in a few months ago and my riding has improved a lot.
    But don’t feel pushed into doing something you’re not happy with, however as crikey says, you’ll be suprised at what you can do 8)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Legeng
    World Cup Level Skillz x2

Clearly!

rocky-mountain
    Free Member

if they are worth their salt, they will show you lines, advise how to get round stuff, wait for you, pick you up and encourage you.

its not easy, but worth everything and the best drug you will ever get.

dannybgoode

I know all the theory about staying loose and all but putting it in to practice is quite another as I hurtle toward certain death.

They’re definitely worth their salt – well I know at least one of them is at least – he was best man at my wedding.

I’ll try and enjoy it!

Cheers for the encouragement.

Danny B

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Scared’ is closed to new replies.