Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Scarborough – what to do there?
  • darrenspink
    Free Member

Apart from the beach and a walk around Peasholm park what else can me and the family get up to? Help needed.

ton

take your bikes and cycle to whitby on the old railway line. it is ace.

thegreatape
    Free Member

On second thoughts, that’ll probably offend someone.

crankboy
    Free Member

My son spent over am hour watching a bloke load a lorry with laundry cages from a hotel in a back street . He is three though . looked like there were a couple of good boat trips from the harbour and the castle was really interesting when I was 12.

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

Surf.

grtdkad

Peasholme Park battleships. Ace !!!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Go fishing, bomb surfers with 6oz sinkers?

darrenspink
    Free Member

My son spent over am hour watching a bloke load a lorry with laundry cages from a hotel in a back street .

😀

tinribz
    Free Member

Crabbing off the bridge.

hot_fiat

Surfing. Take the train to York?

ratadog

Depends whether you mean in or near. Links to Days out with kids list and also the Discover Yorkshire Coast website.

If you have transport then Playdale is probably the better of the farm parks. If the kids are old enough both Flamingoland and Eden Park will soak up a day but are out towards Malton. At Pickering the North York Moors railway is a good day out as is the Ryedale Folk Museum – think small Beamish.

Within Scarborough itself is the Castle, the Rotunda museum and the North Bay railway. There is a Sea Life Center in North Bay and I can recommend the ice cream at the Harbour Bar which is just across from the Life Boat Station on the front.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Take a drive south to thornwick bay. Go at low tide and get in all the wave cut caves. If you geocache one of the best ones we’ve done down there.
    Flamborough lighthouse is also well worth a visit.

djglover
    Free Member

We spent the day in Whitby last weekend for the first time in many years, it was great, there is a twice daily Dracula play at the abbey which the kids loved, other than that it was the standard stuff, rock, pier, fish and chips. They were the best fish and chips I’d had for many years too!

We also spent a sunny day at Staithes, playing on the beach and fossil hunting.

jamj1974

I’ve heard the fair is good.

IGMC…

MoreCashThanDash

Whitby, Filey, Dalby.

alanl
    Free Member

This:

‘Peasholme Park battleships. Ace !!

Would be at the top of the list.

TheFopster
    Free Member

Fish and Chips from magpie cafe in Whitby, walk up steps to the Abbey. We thought Scarborough was grim…

darrenspink
    Free Member

Thanks all, sounds…er exciting.

headfirst
    Free Member

We always go for an ice cream here

http://theharbourbar.co.uk

Its on the front on South bay

Edit: should read previous posts properly!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Scarborough – what to do there?’ is closed to new replies.