Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Scarborough to Whitby cycle path….
  • boxelder

Read about it being in poor condition.
    Looking to use it as part of a short tour with young kids. We’ll be using tag along and trailer. Will the track be OK?
    Anywhere we should visit on route?
    Any recs for extending the trip at either end – ideally flat and traffic free…..
    Ta

clanton
    Free Member

We rode it in July from Whitby to Ravenscar. On loaded 26inch wheel touring bikes with a trailer carrying a 20month old. We had dry conditions and found it to be ok. It is a little rough in places and I suspect could get quite muddy in the wet but was very passable in the dry.

We did it as part of a loop around and through the moors using sections of the Moor to Sea routes. A lot of this is anything but flat!!

Robin Hoods bay is very nice. Ok campsite there (juts off the track) but very much worht ehading down to the bay itself. Nice pub/chippy and lovely beach.

jackthedog
    Free Member

Recent thread here if it’s any use.

I swapped out my 23s for 37s in the end, and was glad of it.

boxelder

Did it at the weekend with the kids – rough for 23in tyres, spot on for MTB with little uns. 15 miles further then 7 yr old had ridden before, but wine gums kept her happy. Recommended.

thetallpaul
    Free Member

Also look at this thread: here

Always was a nice ride from Scarborough to Boggle Hole. Not sure of the present state of the trail, but a loose top surface had been laid last time I was there, which made things a bit hard going.

boxelder

It’s fine ttp – bit worn in parts, but ideal and Scarborough and Whitby YHAs were great too.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Scarborough to Whitby cycle path….’ is closed to new replies.