Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • scandal or inbred..?
  • carlphillips
    Free Member

for SS duties..

pro's and cons of each..?

Rorschach
    Free Member

One is heavy and cheap.The other is light and marginally less cheap?

epo-aholic
    Free Member

neither? 😕

Hairychested
    Free Member

Steel, possibly 'cos I haven't ridden the other one.

carlphillips
    Free Member

well cheap is kind've what i need (unless i save for ages), epo, not very constructive but if you could offer me some alternatives to them then i'm all ears!!
    mate has a sanderson soloist, still comes in around the inbred weight (although looks v nice) so still looking for a decent cheapish frame..?

clubber
    Free Member

If weight is important then the scandal. Otherwise the inbred. Both ride well.

clubber
    Free Member

I have an 853 inbred btw. Have also had std inbreds and ridden scandals both 26 and 29er versions

carlphillips
    Free Member

ahhrrghhhh i just don't know!!!!!
    i prefer the look of the green inbred (i already have a 456) but would like the benefits that a lightweight bike bring….

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Well, if you've already got a 456 it's worth bearing in mind that the standard inbred is only about 50g lighter…

carlphillips
    Free Member

aye, tis true

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Btw, I haven't ridden a scandal, but I'd imagine it would be a bit more stiff wouldn't it? Whereas the inbred would give you that 'zingy steel feel'.

If it's lightweight you want though, I'd go for the scandal – and i have heard some say they're not as unforgiving as many alu frame.

Don't know if that helps!

Simon

Well, if you've already got a 456 it's worth bearing in mind that the standard inbred is only about 50g lighter…

A SS Inbred will be way lighter than a geared 456……..assuming the 456 is.

carlphillips
    Free Member

by a few pound at least, but the scandal is a few pounds lighter again!!
    ive never ridden a light frame so am a bit worried about it feeling 'skittish'

clubber
    Free Member

Inbreds don't have any real stereotypical steel zing. If anything my fat tubed aluminium Pace RC303 was more forgiving though it had a longer seatpost (though larger dia so prob cancelled the difference)

the scandal doesn't feel skittish and it's not a few lbs lighter. One maybe two at most.

carlphillips
    Free Member

ah no scandals in anyroad…looks like inbred it is then!!

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Yeah Simon – obviously that's true! I was commenting about the frame as that's the discussion! 😀

For what's it's worth clubber tends to be right about this sort of thing and seems to have ridden quite a few frames!

Edit – ah well, that made it easy – decision made!

pixelmix
    Free Member

ah no scandals in anyroad…looks like inbred it is then!!

Apparently the slot drop scandal will be back in stock this week.

clubber
    Free Member

For what's it's worth clubber tends to be right about this sort of thing

I think I'll frame that 🙂

carlphillips
    Free Member

cheers for that pixelmix……not

😆

clubber
    Free Member

Fmh is your name accurate? If so, the inbred will be just fine. If you
    must , spend the difference on other parts

carlphillips
    Free Member

ha not too accurate im a svelte 13st!!!
    i reckon the inbred will suit just fine….

Northwind

Scandal isn't stiff like the stereotypes would tell you, it's got a nice compliance to it, presumably since there's not much metal in it. Very nice indeed. Inbred felt a bit dead by comparison, nice enough I suppose but unless the price saving is important I'd say get the Scandal for sure.

carlphillips
    Free Member

ok back to square one then!!

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Nah, inbreds are great. I think they're plenty zingy! Well, not like my rock lobster was, but much nicer than a few alu frames I've ridden (can't comment on the Scandal) I imagine either will be great – stop stressing and just get on and ride the thing! 😀

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Hardtails I've owned;

Orange Gringo
    Inbred
    Cotic Soul
    Pipedream Sirius
    Dialled Bikes Love/Hate
    Scandal

The Scandal is by far the best one of the bunch, but I like light bikes and mine is built very light.

carlphillips
    Free Member

the lure of cheapness got to me in the end…green slotdrop inbred is on its way…. 😆

julianwilson
    Free Member

Millie says she'll help you part with it when you get the bug and trade it in for a scandal. 😆

carlphillips
    Free Member

haha!!

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘scandal or inbred..?’ is closed to new replies.