Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Scandal 29ers – what bars you running, flat, risers?
  • M6TTF
    Free Member

Curious – on the on one site some come with fleegle flats yet the pro xt comes with a 40mm riser? How versatile are they… What set up are you running…

scholarsgate
    Free Member

raceface next carbon flats with ergo bar ends.

M6TTF
    Free Member

What degree of stem? How high is the scandal front end?

TooTall
    Free Member

Its a bike frame. I'm not aware of any manufacturer specifying a bar type for their frames. Put some bars on and see how it rides?

M6TTF
    Free Member

I will be mate, just curious as I've been led to believe that 29ers are all high at the front and need a low or flat bar to counteract it? It should be here next week so I'll see for myself 🙂

tazzymtb

I run mine with 90mm forks, 70mm 0 rise stem and salsa promoto carbon flat bars with 11 degree back sweep, super quick hill climbing and still happily hops and pops down peak district stuff

tazzymtb

on ones have short headtubes as well so they're not so high on the front

TooTall
    Free Member

If you believe the tosh written about 29ers your head would explode. I was asked whether someone should have really wide bars to compensate for the gyroscopic effect of the bigger wheels!

I used to ride flats on mine – now have high risers. Just more comfortable for me. Front end height depends on axle to crown length of your forks, spacers, stem etc – same as any bike. Depends how you want to ride it as well – mine is just a bike, not racer, not anything – just a mountain bike.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Cheers for the info TT , very informative. Tazzy, you were in macc forest singling last week?

tazzymtb

ermmmmmm, I'll say yes and then apologise for anything I may have done 😉

where you one of the gearie boys on the climb from the leather smithy pub?

M6TTF
    Free Member

Guilty as charged mate – hope you had a good ride, we had a blast over Dane bowerhollow and into 3 shires via reeve edge quarry. Good mornings ride

tazzymtb

if I wasn't on such a hill climb mission I'd have let you have a go on the big wheeler. Next time mate you can nail up with me 😀

M6TTF
    Free Member

Should have mine mid next week to see for myself. I borrowed a kona unit to get a feel for the big wheel feel but it confirmed one gear doesn't suit my knees! Lol

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Scandal 29ers – what bars you running, flat, risers?’ is closed to new replies.