Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Scandal 29er – who has one?
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

thinking of the stock one on bike to work scheme, worth it or not?
    http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/CBOOSC29X5/on_one_scandal_trail_29er_mountain_bike

benman
    Free Member

Recently built one, love it…

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Mine would have to be complete from on-one as it would be on cyclescheme, would prefer 1×10 shimano and better forks tho 🙁

benman
    Free Member

Its the geometry that I find great rather than the components. Maybe its the 29er wheels (my first 29er) but the bike just seems so stable.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

where do you ride

andycs

Can’t fault mine. Covers ground efficiently, climbs and descends well, just a great bike to ride.

benman
    Free Member

Predominantly in the peak district (white peak, dark peak and cheeky peak :-))

mrblobby
    Free Member

Benman, nice build. Hate to ask… but how much does that weigh (on your scales, usual STW caveats apply, etc.) I have a Scandal frame in a box in the attic that I’m meaning to get built up and I’d probably go for something similar so am curious.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

where do you live (i am in cressbrook so same locale)

benman
    Free Member

I’m afraid I’ve not weighed it. Only area I’m keen to lighten up is the tyres (on-one smorgasbords). Been very impressed with their grip though.

benman
    Free Member

Live near Alfreton, will drop you an email.

johnny

I have a V2 built fully rigid, singlespeed. Light climbing and confident descending I find, but I have only ridden it on Chilterns woodland single track so far- so no big rocky descents!

I’m shortly going to build it up with 100mm forks and a 1×10 drivetrain for longer rides. I reckon it’ll be great fun. Overall a really light and versatile frame- especially as all the alternative frames at the time which could be run SS were either heavier (Inbred, Swift) or way pricier. (Highball, Big Top)

zippykona

Can you tailor what bits come on your bike?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Scandal 29er – who has one?’ is closed to new replies.