Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Scamtrackworld
  • beefheart
    Free Member

I had a call earlier from a company asking me about a non-fault road traffic accident I was involved in last year.
    It wasn’t my insurance company, but a third party company who’s name I didn’t catch.
    He had all the details of the incident, and wanted to send me some forms- telling me I was entitled to some money.
    Is this a thing?
    I told him there were no injuries, and I wasn’t interested in making a false injury claim- but he insisted it was not for injuries but for the damage to my vehicle.

shooterman

Yes – and expect a lot more.

I was involved in an accident in March 2016 and have been receiving up to six calls a day from claims farming companies trying to get me to make a claim.

Asking them how they got your details usually results in them hanging up sharpish.

Cougar

Yes – and expect a lot more.

You’ll get them weekly for the next few years.

Asking them how they got your details usually results in them hanging up sharpish.

I’m on a ‘national database’ apparently. If that’s true and anyone knows how I get off it, I’m all ears.

ossify

I’m on a ‘national database’ apparently. If that’s true and anyone knows how I get off it, I’m all ears.

Register with the telephone preference service: http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/number_type.html
    Also works for mobile numbers. Should stop the calls after a couple of weeks, did for me. The few who still call you can just ask for the name of their company and say it’s illegal for them to be calling you and they go pretty quick 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

The TPS are crap.

You might as well piss on your own shoes.

haakon_haakonsson
    Free Member

Funnily enough I had one of these myself earlier today! I kept asking where they’d got my number from, after about 30 seconds the lady hung up.

I kicked myself because, after the previous such call, I’d planned to say “yes, I was involved in an accident” to the next contact, and tell them I was shunted at high speed, make up a date, say the vehicle that hit me was definitely driving above the speed limit, then ask if I can still claim for whiplash as it was the police chasing me in a stolen car.

ajantom

Last couple of these I’ve put it on speaker phone and passed the phone to my 3 year old.
    Cue about 2-3 minutes of my daughter saying random things at them….I love bears, do you like bears? I just drawed a picture of a bin lorry. I Love the bin lorry, etc. and increasingly desperate/annoyed pleas from them to ‘please pass the phone to your daddy.’
    I was wetting myself with laughter 😀

Cougar

TPS didn’t make much difference for me. I think they’re overseas call centres and TPS is (even more) toothless to stop those.

sc-xc

I get almost daily calls. My ‘blocked callers’ list is showing 48 numbers as at tonight.

I have given up with talking/arguing/trying to be funny/asking to not be called…I just hang up and block.

cubist
    Free Member

This is how you deal with spam calls (Bad goatee and leather necklace optional)

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7OgWcwgB50[/video]

drlex
    Free Member

Joy of having a telephone number that most auto-diallers consider to be one digit too short – almost zero telemarketer calls.

woody21
    Free Member

I started telling them – “It’s done” followed by “He’s dead, there’s blood everywhere”

Doesn’t have the same effect on non UK callers though

rockhopper70

Depends how much time you want To waste, keeping them hanging is fun the first few times. Hanging up won’t get you off the list of potentials.
    If they know the date then you’ll be hassled until three years elapsed.
    I’d just say you have already claimed and it has settled, thank you very much.

houndlegs
    Free Member

Assuming its different companies calling, what would happen if you told all of them you wanted to claim ?

skids
    Free Member

THE MONEY HAS ALREADY BEEN SET ASIDE FOR YOU

seadog101

I get the same sort of calls now and then, just drop the word fraudulent into the conversation and they hang up very quickly.

PS, never ever been involved in an accident either.

pyranha

Oddly, I’ve never had one of these calls. Four years ago I was in an accident in which a motorcyclist died, and I was uninsured, but still no calls. And yet a couple of people I work with, who have never had a claim-worthy accident, get them daily. Is it random dialling, or are there actual lists out there?

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I was in an accident in which a motorcyclist died, and I was uninsured

I’m not sure that this is the thread for you.

What’s the opposite of virtue signalling?

if you told all of them you wanted to claim

You have to supply them with details. The ones they claim to already have on a ‘national database’

bruneep

I was in an accident in which a motorcyclist died, and I was uninsured

I’ll nibble, care to elaborate on this

ScottChegg
    Free Member

No! That’s what he wants you to do!

Don’t make eye contact; move away slowly.

pyranha

That was meant to say uninjured, but was autocorrected. I had actually changed insurer only a couple of days previously, so was very relieved that my insurer had updated the database – this was a Sunday afternoon and, although the police were friendly, I suspect I’d have spent more time with them otherwise.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Scamtrackworld’ is closed to new replies.