Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • scammed by shoe website…
  • coconut
    Free Member

Is very annoying that site is still up and running. Reported to hsbc/ police and visa and still there!

Nico
    Free Member

but it was a fairly cheap pair of shoes

Too good to be true?

I’d have said that the pizza/shoe dichotomy would have been enough to put me off. That and the randomness of it all.

But sometimes we just want things to be true.

maccruiskeen

Too good to be true?

Too good to be Choux

binners

Would you like me to introduce you to my Nigerian uncle for some investment advice? He very good man. Honourable man! Honest man, with many lucrative opportunities available exclusively for you!

benp1

Hmmmm, must be a dodgy address. That is just round the corner to me (and I ride with the dog in the park behind) – it’s too nice an area 😆 No crime going on there…!

Sorry you’ve been scammed, hindsight is 20:20. Hope you get it sorted

jam-bo

Probably bought/registered with stolen credit card/details. I would be very surprised if someone setting up a fake website, would then put their contact details as the registrant.

once upon a time they sold pizzas…

https://web.archive.org/web/20130515212309/http://farmhousepizza-stoneleigh.co.uk

STATO
    Free Member

coconut – Member

Is very annoying that site is still up and running. Reported to hsbc/ police and visa and still there!

Why do you think HSBC or your local plod have the power to control the internet?

Gary_M
    Free Member

once upon a time they sold pizzas…

CountZero

So many things wrong with that site, but the interwebz is stuffed with such iffy sites, one needs to really develop a ‘spidey-sense’ and avoid anything that just doesn’t quite make sense.
    I’m sorry, but a website that’s purportedly about farmhouse pizza in Stoneleigh, but is selling Vans in London really ought to raise eyebrows.

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

You’re a fraudsters best friend Coconut

I’ll keep you in mind if I ever take up that profession.

skids
    Free Member

unlucky man. Presume everything is a scam on the internet. The website won’t get taken down I don’t think, he couldn’t have got many sales with that url

coconut
    Free Member

So now it gets more murkey…

today an international delivery is waiting for me at local post office. I open the shoe box from China and they have sent me a pair for fake nike in size 11. I ordered vans in 11. The shoes are clearly fake. My guess is they retain the recorded postage to use if investigated for fraud.

I have to tell visa on Monday if I have received any goods as they require 15 days before a refund…. um..!!! Clearly a scam but very long winded. I assume they do this quite often thinking no one will send back to China and they have proof some shoes were sent to me.

coconut
    Free Member

My guess is they send everyone fake 10$ shoes and pocket the 55$. If investigated they claim they sent the wrong pair by accident and you need to send to china for a refund or new pair.

website still running. Not even any contact from police cyber guys on 101…

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Did you have to sign for it then? You can’t surely expect personal attention from the police cyber-team type folks so soon – basically just contact your card issuer & tell them you’ve either had nothing or what you’ve been sent is clearly fake.

Jamie
    Free Member

Not even any contact from police cyber guys on 101…

101 is not CSI: Internet. It is just a logging service really, you will not hear anything back from them.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Often, we get our hands on new items even before they are released to the public. Then we begin the process creating the finest brand style available. Our customers are usually amazed at the quality of the products they receive.

At least some of this is true. 😛

coconut
    Free Member

Did you have to sign for it then?

no. There is no evidence I have the shoes. The Nike don’t fit anyway. Will just tell Vias they sent fake shoes and get the money back 24 hrs later.

Sure I don’t expect the police to spring into action but this site has been operating for 120 days and there are others out there who have been scammed as well, found a few online straight away. How about suggestions for getting it taken down ?

coconut
    Free Member

Jamie
    Free Member

How about suggestions for getting it taken down ?

Honestly, I would just give up. This is the problem the police are facing with online fraud, unless it’s something serious enough to get the big boys involved, then there’s usually naff all they can do.

I guess you could report them to all the money services they offer on their website, but I wouldn’t expect much to happen.

As for the future, just post on here first and let the more internet savvy users check a prospective site out for you.

beej

Sure I don’t expect the police to spring into action but this site has been operating for 120 days and there are others out there who have been scammed as well, found a few online straight away. How about suggestions for getting it taken down ?

Without going into too much detail about how the internet works, this is really really hard to do, and they could get it up and running on another URL in seconds.

Maybe you could hire a botnet via the dark web to hit it with a DDoS, or find someone to hack into it for you and bring it down. But as mentioned, they’d just bring it back up elsewhere.

Bregante

this is really really hard to do, and they could get it up and running on another URL in seconds.

This essentially. People just have to be far more savvy than they are currently when buying online. Stick to tried and trusted sites. Or go to bricks and mortar shops if you’re not sure.

loddrik
    Free Member

Natural selection in action IMO….

Jamie
    Free Member

What a delightfully dickish thing to say.

coconut
    Free Member

Trainer selection in action IMO….

p.s Darwin wasn’t around when trainers were, but keep reading your get to that bit soon.

maccruiskeen

I’m going to hazard a guess the Ioddrik isn’t an Evolutionary Biologist. Either that or Coconut is posting from beyond the grave. (Does this mean STW has added Seance functionality as well as PMs?)

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘scammed by shoe website…’ is closed to new replies.