• This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by DT78.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • scam text prob from stw…how to sort
  • DT78
    Free Member

likely from one of the many ads, presume phone was unlocked in my pocket whilst walking. anyway received this:

FreeMsg: Welcome! Get WWE mobile content @ http://wwe.mpay.uk its 24hrs free then £2.50/week until u send stop bmwwe to 60762. Help? 03333217049

sending text to stop appears to be blocked on my phone as it fails to send. cant work out how to unblock either. presume I’ll be scammed for the text that stops it…

anyone else get this? would phoning vodaphone and spending half an hour on hold be a better plan?

leffeboy

That doesn’t look like a text, looks like a pop ups did the original msg come in as a text or does your phone have a record of having sent a text?

Edit. Google seems to suggest you can also phone that helpline on 033..

bruneep

scam text prob from stw

hows that then?

DT78
    Free Member

it’s a text in my messages. I guess ate as it was on my phone’s browser when I took it out of my pocket. tbh I don’t actually look at much else on my phone.

not keen on phoning what is very likely a premium cost phone number either.

mehr
    Free Member

I had the same with some fitness thing, when you get a redirect somehow it pulls your mobile number and starts charging you

I phoned vodafone who removed the charges and then blocked premium rate numbers

leffeboy

0333 numbers should be normal rate
    http://www.area-codes.org.uk/0333-numbers.php

Or as @mehr says

DT78
    Free Member

I’ll give vodaphone a go, people shouldn’t be able to do this type of shit

DT78
    Free Member

all sorted. very painless too with vodaphone. compliant lodged about it being a scam so hopefully they block it for everyone

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘scam text prob from stw…how to sort’ is closed to new replies.