• This topic has 9 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Scam or genuine link?
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Received and email from a recruitment consultancy. So far, so normal. The main text is below along with a link. There are lots of other job titles with similar links at the bottom of the email.

Would you click the link?

I hope this mail finds you well.

If you have a moment, Id appreciate your help. Please look and forward this job on to anyone you think would be interested in the position, or anyone else who could help me find a great candidate. Thanks for your help!

It’s a really good position, and the company has many benefits for its employees.

Please click here http://bit.ly/1ihbAkh for more information and I look forward to hearing from.

I look forward to your feedback.

Regards

Sarah

honeybadgerx

To be honest I would never use a recruitment agent that can’t be arsed to either use my name at the start, or give me details of the position in the email. So I’d say scam.

withersea
    Free Member

No

stumpyjon

Deserves to be treated as a scam even if it’s not.

DezB
    Free Member

Yes, I just did. It’s a sortlink (gawd knows why), to this page:
    http://eu.arithon.com/rss/arithon_5517/23286

Head of Consultancy and Professional Services must be in within reasonable commute)

Head of Consultancy and Professional Services required. Looking for a strong Project management background, especially with complex enterprise software, gained within a professional services / consultancy environment. Telco experience would be highly advantageous.

Based South West London with travel (mainly UK, with some European & further afield). Salary; c. £80,000 + bonus + bens + share options after probation period

Don’t think you could take the pay cut, WCA 😉

ps. you can get money for referring people via bit.ly links, probably why they do it.

wwaswas

bitly is a fairly standard way of generating links for social media now as the url’s are short (and thus twitter friendly).

I tend to judge the sender very carefully before following any from people I don’t know, though.

In this case, if you think it’s a dodgy link don’t go posting it on stw 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

What you have to remember is that a lot of recruitment agents are complete idiots, however they often have real jobs that can be good.

wwaswas

a lot of recruitment agents are complete idiots

hora to the thread! hora to the thread!

sas
    Free Member
    DezB
    Free Member

You can preview bitly links by adding ‘+’ to the end

Thats good. Even shows you who shortened it!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Scam or genuine link?’ is closed to new replies.