Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Scam email doing the rounds
  • Cougar

One to be aware of, this, as it’s unusually convincing.

https://myonlinesecurity.co.uk/disturbing-important-matter-malspam-delivers-unknown-malware/

(Obviously, standard advice stands, don’t open attachments on unsolicited emails.)

Be careful out there.

martinhutch

I’m not clicking that!

slowster
    Free Member

I received an email which was virtually identical to the one in the article, including the misspelling of amount. What caught my eye was the use of a French ISP email suffix – that and some of the slightly odd phrasing in the email consistent with the author being a non-native English speaker, made me wonder if the perpetrators were French/French speakers, in which case it might be likely that they had gained my email address etc. by hacking a non-UK webshop (i.e. European, possibly French).

It would be interesting to know if other recipients of these emails have made purchases from any non-UK webshops.

MrPottatoHead

Had the email earlier containing an address I’ve not been at for 2 years. Can’t remember ever buying anything from a foreign site, apart from an eBay purchase from China.

NigE5
    Free Member

We got this email sent to us this morning.
    Addressed to my business partner who is a suckers list(his own fault fell for a boiler room scam)
    came in on our enquirers email

geetee1972
    Free Member

I am disturbing you…..

Oh well then in that case I’m definitely going to open the attachment.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Exactly, I’d have dismissed that as a scam after reading the first few words.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Had that one – straight in the bin.

gobuchul
    Free Member

“I am a lawful citizen”.

Anyone who falls for that must be a mug.

whitestone
    Free Member

It’s about as convincing as a nine bob note!

If you use Google Mail (Gmail/whatever they call it today) then most of this crap is automatically caught.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Scam email doing the rounds’ is closed to new replies.