Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Scam artist alert – asbobaggins66@gmail.com user name 'aaron1wall'
  • CumbriaMBRbloke
    Free Member

Hi gents/ladies.
    Just a quick few lines to warn you of a scammer called Aaron Wall.
    He has had numerous PINKBIKE accounts suspended for scamming people out of money, and I’ve also noted he’s on various sites either as ‘asbobaggins’ or ‘Aaron1wall’.
    He sold me a helmet then within hours of paying he had his PINKBIKE account flagged as being a verified scammer.
    Needless to say he has not responded to any of my emails or requests for PayPal refund.
    His PINKBIKE user name for this sale was ‘basslinejunkie’ and he never gave me his name or address details.
    Foolishly I paid as PayPal gift so right now I’m down £40.
    Incidentally his papal account name was ‘Oscar Wall’.
    An intensive internet trawl eventually revealed a snapwidgeet account with user name ‘asbobaggins’ and actual name ‘Aaron Wall’.
    His account was insecure and a review of his photographs revealed that he was the same scammer, with exact photos in his gallery, including his bike and shots of his distinctively decorated living room fire place.
    Further intensive search of internet revealed he lives in the Middlesbrough area, and I even managed to establish his date of birth as 10 Jan 1987.
    He has an eBay account (Money taken and goods not supplied) and rotor burns account username ‘Aaron1wall’, plus a Facebook as ‘asbobaggins’.
    Now the really bad news:
    My internet search also revealed he is also a member of singletrackworld!!!
    User name ‘Aaron1wall’.
    I have consulted with my local police constabulary who told me to raise the issue on as many biking forums as I could to highlight the prolific nature of this scammer, in the hope that you guys/girls don’t get ripped off buy him.
    I also reported the matter to http://www.actionfraud.police.uk which is investigating on my behalf.
    I was very careful to copy every matching image from asbobaggins snapwidget account ready for use by the police.
    Following screen capture of all the relevant URL and images I contacted him via snapwidget, informing him I knew he was ‘basslinejunkie’ from PINKBIKE and that he’s picked on the wrong bloke to scam.
    I would have loved to see his face when he realised I’d located him.
    I did inform he truly was a crap criminal!
    Anyhow, whatever you do, DO NOT BUY OR SELL TO ‘AARON1WALL’, ‘ASBOBAGGINS’, ‘OSCAR WALL’ or ‘BASSLINEJUNKIE’.
    If the site administrator would like to verify any of this information with me I’d be very happy to share all of my evidence and crime reference details with them.
    Aaron Wall, if you’re reading this, try being honest for a change. Ripping off fellow mountain bikers (or anyone else for that matter) is just plain wrong.
    As for any of his friends that read this, if you’d like to provide me with his postal address for the police then please do so.
    Very best of luck and remember, don’t get scammed by this crook, and whatever you do, make sure you only use safe payment methods.
    Happy rides,
    James 😀

scuzz
    Free Member

Thanks for the heads up!

CumbriaMBRbloke
    Free Member

You are very welcome. The police informed me that essentially creating this post would mean that his details and this information will now appear on google, etc, any time someone searches for him. They also said he can’t claim slander as to do so he would have to reveal his full identity, and at that point he’d be collared. Job done.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Pay Pal gift? FFS! 🙄

CumbriaMBRbloke
    Free Member

Yes, I know. Can’t believe I was so trusting. Lesson learned. 😳

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

You paid money to a bloke from Middlesbrough called Asbo Baggins?

Did that not ring the slightest alarm bell?

CumbriaMBRbloke
    Free Member

To be brutally honest. Yes, I thought it was too obvious to be suspicious, and most likely just a silly username. Guess I was wrong. This post is to prevent someone else being robbed. Gullibility isn’t a crime, being a thieving con man however most certainly is.

bearnecessities

Gullibility isn’t a crime, being a thieving con man however most certainly is.

Quite.

shermer75
    Free Member

Good to know, thanks for the post!

Drac

Maybe these guys can help?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAxR8pvca2o[/video]

CumbriaMBRbloke
    Free Member

Hopefully, when he sees this post or hears of it, he’ll be dreaming of exactly that! Either that or the police knocking at his door 😆

scaredypants

That’s a shame; asbobaggins is a good username 🙁

CumbriaMBRbloke
    Free Member

I think given that he was so careless not to cover his tracks, a more appropriate name for him would be ‘MUPPETBAGGINS’ 😆

Legoman
    Free Member

Thanks for the heads up

(Ps ignore the Paypal gift haters)

crapjumper
    Free Member

Great work CumbriaMBRbloke !!

iain1775
    Free Member

He registered on commencalownersclub site with a different email address, OP email me if it will be of any use to you

CumbriaMBRbloke
    Free Member

Yes, got that from you already thank you. The extra details you kindly supplied have been passed to actionfraud. If he’s reading this I hope he’s in a cold sweat, although I’m sure he’s probably already familiar with the food they supply in custody. 😆

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Scam artist alert – asbobaggins66@gmail.com user name 'aaron1wall'’ is closed to new replies.