Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Scalextric Micro sets – the ones with the smaller cars
  • geoffj

Any good? They seem to get mixed reviews.
    Better just going for the normal sized stuff?
    It's for a 5-year old (honest 😆 )

snakebite
    Free Member

got a set, mint condition, boxed only used 3-4 times micro racers, cost me £80 I think (still got the price on) tis in the loft if you were intrested. Got it the same time as a PS3….NUFF SAID

AdamT

I got one last year for my 5 year old and thought it was so poor I took it back. Got the standard sized on in the end and it was much better IMHO. It's the drift set which is cool. I can't believe how good my 3yr old is with it tbh!

clunker

Go for the full scale stuff, but with some the harder plastic cars http://www.scalextric.com/shop/sets/standard/inner-city-speed/ . Then at least you can upgrade it when he gets older

insanelemming
    Free Member

Bought one for my grandson last year (4 1/2). Absolute garbage. I should have taken notice of the reviews. Don't waste your money I can't comment on the full size stuff though.

stoney
    Free Member

Ive had the "normal" size for years… ever since i was a kid really. Now my kids like it and we tried a micro set…..Dont bother ❗

Go with the said "normal" size and get the non detailed cars for them to crash…that`s what they are for…..

spanishbarry
    Free Member

My son recived one for Christmas a couple of years back ,it didnt last long and had trouble finding replacement cars for it ,its in bits at the bottom of one of his toy boxes now ,the bigger version would of been a better buy

thesurfbus
    Free Member

I bought my 3 year old the Micro version for Xmas last year, and it lasted about 1 week, would have bought the full size version if I had the space.

bassspine
    Free Member

the tracks are fiddly to join up, not very durable – not tough enough for 5year old boy fingers, so you'll be doing the assembly – he'll be bored by the time it's built. good fun for a while, but the novelty wears off halfway through xmas day.

get lego!

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

We have a couple of sets & the boys (aged 6 & 8) like it. I got it because of the space issue, I didnt fancy losing the whole house to a full sized set & this can be put up in a bedroom ok.

The cars arent that tough, the bodies break however they do keep running. Amazingly fast almost full throttle & keep it there seems fastest it works fine for us & keeps the kids quiet for an hour or two

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Scalextric Micro sets – the ones with the smaller cars’ is closed to new replies.