Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Scafell Pike BBC4 9pm tonight
  • rascal
    Free Member
    birky
    Free Member

Cheers for the heads up

boblo
    Free Member

Good spot. Set to record.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Excellent, cheers!.

rascal
    Free Member

Had a heads up off the M-I-L.
    Should be good.
    Went up it 3 times in 4 years on the 3 Peaks but not since 1999.
    Shame it’s completely not worth it on the bike 😉
    Would like to do it again though…maybe this year.

trailhound
    Free Member

Looks good – Nice 1!

rascal
    Free Member

Joss Naylor up and down in 47 mins 😯

samuri
    Free Member

Stunning Beautiful place. I love the lakes.

stever
    Free Member

Beautiful. Watch it again on iPlayrer.

globalti
    Free Member

What did we think of it? That shepherdess was straight out of Disney Productions, what a bizarre character. The image of her prancing around the fells dressed like Rob Roy just contributes to the feeling that the Lakes is a managed landscape. We didn’t see her at the Wasdale Head show – I expect she’d have been laughed out of the valley.

The rest of the film was rather bitty and mixed up, I thought. Some nice shots though.

grizedaleforest

I was a bit disappointed. I’d hoped for something with a bit more substance.

BTTW the Shepherdess isn’t from that area – she lives near Sedbergh – so not sure why she appeared at all.

sierrakilo
    Free Member

It was the sort of programme that only the BBC comes up with…… ( and all the better for it ! )
    Quirky, disjointed , funny mixture…… would be commercial suicide for the likes of ITV, Sky . Maybe Channel 4 would have done it, but it would have been spoilt by Advert breaks and the obligatory ” Coming Up ” phrase liberally scattered about.

Stunning scenery , beautifully filmed.

Got a real hankering to return to Wasdale but take some inflatable kayaks next time and paddle Wastwater. Stayed in our Campervan at Stanton Bridge last time and cycled to Wasdale Head and 1/2 way up to Styhead Pass

jambalaya
    Free Member

Thanks for the PSA. Will watch on iPlayer with the gf – all good to encourage her to spend a few days there this year.

stever
    Free Member

I liked it, some stunning shots. I love seeing people enjoying themselves in low key, slightly crap old fashioned ways. That’s why I love fell running. Alan Hinkes, one of the top climbers in the World bumbling about on Broad Stand, marvellous. Any program with Joss Naylor has earned the license fee 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Scafell Pike BBC4 9pm tonight’ is closed to new replies.