Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • SC Tallboy LT sizing.
  • twoniner
    Free Member

A while back I was in the market for a SC tallboy LT but to be honest The whole thing was just too expensive to justify.

I tried a couple on for size M and a L but they didnt seem to fit well. The medium was really small and the Large seemed quite big. I didnt get to test ride one on the trail, just a small ride round outside the shop on the M and threw my leg over the large.

I’m 5’11” and by the looks of the SC size chart I fall right on the M/L bracket.

For those of you that have one what’s the sizing like?

I’m now in a position to buy so want to start looking at my options again.

Is it worth the extra 1K (ish) for the carbon or stick with the alloy?

Pretty much all my upgrades on my Whyte 129-s will swap straight over so it’s just the cost of frame and forks

bedmaker

I’m 5’10 and have always ridden mediums but I went for a large LTc due to the short TT. I demoed a medium and it felt too small.

I swithered over the carbon/alloy too and managed to demo both. I decided to stretch the budget to the carbon and was glad I did.

It’s just a shame I never really use it now since getting a Mukluk 😕

twoniner
    Free Member

Any reason why you went with the carbon over the alloy?

shiny
    Free Member

I am 5′ 8″ and have a medium – perfect fit with 70mm stem. I bought the carbon frame here in Malaysia for the price of the alloy in UK (almost) and it is stunning.

Make sure you get to really test ride one first.

Shiney

bedmaker

Any reason why you went with the carbon over the alloy?

It just felt really solid, but light at the same time. The alloy is a fine bike too saying that.

And mostly, because I could 🙂

singlecrack
    Free Member

Mmm carbon Lt ……I’d go with alloy …I know of a certain person on here who broke one after a few rides ….and not covered under warranty

the_lecht_rocks

Why do SC advocate short top tubes in the age of long TT and short stems ?

bedmaker

Mmm carbon Lt ……I’d go with alloy …I know of a certain person on here who broke one after a few rides ….and not covered under warranty

Where’d it break?

singlecrack
    Free Member

In Spain 😆

Edit ..but on a serious note I believe it was impact damage ……but I did here it second hand

bedmaker

Ah well no wonder it wasn’t warrantied. Did he not know carbon melts in strong sunlight?

singlecrack
    Free Member

Lol …..well I don’t know the exact details ….but to me it would be a lot money to lose…….but hey if you’ve the money and like carbon ….go for it

Wheels prob exploded as well

singlespeedstu

6′ here with a 32″ inside leg and on a large LTc.
    Tried an alloy test bike and went for the carbon as it was lighter and at the time the alloy one had a standard rear qr back end.
    The carbon one feels a lot stiffer than the alloy test bike I tried.

twoniner
    Free Member

Just been comparing the geometery from my medium Whyte 129s and the large Tallboy LT, the medium 129 come up slightly bigger than the Tallboy in top tube, standover & wheelbase but the tallboy is 2 inches longer in the seat tube.

As much as I would like the carbon it’s just too much to spend and I like the gulf blue colour on the alloy frame.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘SC Tallboy LT sizing.’ is closed to new replies.