Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • SC Hecklers and chainguides anyone ???
  • scruff
    Free Member

Currently using 2 ring and bash with medium cage XT shadow mech / XTR front on new type Heckler. It sometmes drops the chain (which is as short as possible)when playing DH, its OK if I stay off the smaller cassette sprockets but this isnt an option if you want to peggil aswell. Dont really want to compromise normal riding but was thinking of a 2 ring chainguide like the £99 Gamut ones.

Does anyone run a Heckler with chainguide and wish to express a biased opinion ?

rhid

I use an MRP LRP dual chain guide and it has worked perfectly for 18months. I recommend them. I also run a Gamut P30 on my DH bike and they are also fantastic (I don't know about their dual ring guides though). Either one would be great.

st

Dinnae fancy one of the lower roller only Blacspire ones like wot Del has?

Was gonna get one me'sen.

coogan
    Free Member

I've got one of these on my 5 Spot. Works a treat.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=35326

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Blackspire Stinger is ace- why spend more?

scruff
    Free Member

Stu, which one has Del got?

Coogan, is says that one is ISCG old, does your 5 spot have tabs? Hecklers dont so would need to be BB mount.

edit-

So these work with dDouble ring and arent sh1t ?
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=17282

st

Del's is that Stinger one which comes in a BB mount.

Coogan's looks like a regular BB mount from the picture and works even though the title says otherwise. Looks similar to the Stinger but almost twice as much. Get a Stinger then we'll have a threesome.

coogan
    Free Member

Nope, it just gets clamped in place by the BB.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘SC Hecklers and chainguides anyone ???’ is closed to new replies.