Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • S&C for Mountain biking.
  • simon80
    Free Member

I’m looking to up my game this year (usually completely shot after a big descent strength wise).
    I have been looking at the usual exercises – Squats, deads, lunges, bench etc.

Does anyone here do a dedicated Strength and Conditioning programme?

Also does anyone have any experience of this guy’s programmes? http://www.bikejames.com/
    – Training a Mr Gwin should be pretty good endorsement . . .

Thanks,
    Si

mactheknife

Last year i looked at bikejames. I eventually ordered his Ultimate MTB program. There was a LOT of information in it but once you break it down its a very good structured program. Lots of kettlebell work involved.

The hardest part for me was changing my routines. I do like my comfort zones 🙂

simon80
    Free Member

Thanks for the reply. Just had to edit my post, as I realised that I had not put the link in!
    His ultimate mtb programme is of interest to me. Did you find it helped your riding?

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Go to a climbing wall, and ride your bike more. Other stuff will probably be better, bit not as much fun.

tmb467
    Free Member

Got a few of his courses

The free 30day KB course was a great intro
    Then got the time crunched trail rider one and did it for half the time I shoulda done. It was also pretty good once you distilled the guff out (nutrition, mental stuff etc)
    Then this winter he did an offer for existing customers on the a 6month off season coaching one for not much cash (about £11 a month for 6 months). It’s quite detailed and is just a more structured (and in depth) version of his philosophy – build your core up, strengthen the quads and glutes and use kettlebells and one-legged stuff to build up the anti-rotational strength you need in your hips. A LOT of work is done on the shoulders and hips and it’s pretty good stuff

Not sure I’d pay the full lot for his stuff but on both courses I’ve had access to his personal coaching site and it can be pretty good.

mactheknife

What has helped me most from bikejames has been his advice on strength and mobility which in turn have helped me on the bike no end. That and his kettle bell workouts fit in well with me.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘S&C for Mountain biking.’ is closed to new replies.