Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • SC Bronson folk, quick help please.
  • darrenspink
    Free Member

Is this normal? Looking at a alu 2013.

bikeneil
    Free Member

Normal? Only when your tyre rubs it.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Phone ran out of juice, was going to write underneath the pic…

Do you guys and girls suffer from issues with rear tyre clearance, whats the max size tyre you’ve had on?

jsync

No on an alloy 2015. purg 2.3.

kristoff
    Free Member

Never had any issue with 2.3 high roller 2s.

All the vpp bolts done up correctly? They can work loose. (Not meaning to seem like I’m teaching you to suck eggs).

fuzzhead
    Free Member

I don’t get any rub and I’m running 35mm rims with big ass 2.35 Hans Dampfs. The rubbing would suggest a loose back end or a buckled wheel IMHO

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Bike upside down, spin the tyre to check the clearance. Then grab the wheel and try and make it touch the frame.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Checked mine today, carbon using 2.3 HR 2, no marks whatsoever

tomhoward

No issues running a 2.3 HR2 in my 2014 5010 either which, iirc, is the same rear end.

Lakes_Puma

I’m running 2.3 HR 2 on my Bronson C and I have some marks on the inside of the seat stay but not as bad as the OP

gardron
    Free Member

2.35 dampfs on 35mm rims, no issues with rub whatsoever on my carbon

chief1409
    Free Member

If you are running big tyres on very muddy trails then a definite possibility….

hyena
    Free Member

I had this last year at Lee Quarry/Cockhill enduro practice. One of the transition stages had very claggy mud which got to the point where you couldn’t turn the wheels. When I washed the bike that night I noticed wear much the same as the picture above. I’ve since stuck some clear frame patches on and its not got any worse.

Bike was a Bronson also

Pauly

I have a little bit of rub in the same place on mine; direct result of the Forest of Dean Enduro in November being so muddy that the wheels eventually would not turn!

Lakes_Puma

I should have mentioned also that I think my marks came from riding a very muddy Red Kite enduro where the back wheel got so caked up it wouldn’t turn.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘SC Bronson folk, quick help please.’ is closed to new replies.