Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • SC Blur Lt
  • crush83
    Free Member

Hay guys,

Been looking at a blur lt ( R AM build) as an alternative to s five.

Any owners out there that can tell me what they are like to live with? Also any pics?

neninja
    Free Member

Got a mate who loves his for everything from XC, trail centres, Lakes etc. He’s had it almost 2 years and it’s been been problem free.

He’s running it with a 150mm fork, Hope/Flow wheels.

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

got one 2010 although its more an xc / trail build with full xtr and 140 vanillas , nice and light for a longish travel bike at 28 pounds.
    Thinking of dropping some 150s on it either revs or 36s and giving it a burlier build or i may just by one of those el guapos and strip my long travel hardtails Hmmm….

But to sum up a nice bike that has plenty of options

p7rich
    Free Member

I’ve had one 2 years. It’s saved my bacon many times whilst out on the trails & enduro-ing so i shouldn’t speak ill of it but…it took me forever to get a tolerable cockpit set-up. It’s very much a ‘sit on’ bike and i prefer to ‘sit in’. I did demo the bike before buying but obviously not for long enough to get a proper feel.

Only significant problem i’ve had was bashing the grease nipples on the lower linkage (under BB), but SC replaced the whole link with no quibbles.

hp_source

Built mine up after getting a 2010 frame from a friend, revs, mavic cross rides, mix of slx, xt and deore… Not the lightest it could be, but its such a hoot I don’t mind… The blingy bits can come later if needed, in the mean time I’m too busy grinning to care!

I seriously doubt you’ll regret it over a 5

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Took one on a demo in ambleside after having the Nomad C in the morning.

Pedaled VERY well
    Handled everything I threw at it
    Bottomed the shock out and didn’t notice (very bottomless feeling)
    Was (short test in Lakes) as good down on those trails as the Nomad and Orange Alpine

Eyeing one up for myself though holding out for Carbon

I think the only downside is the potential bearing changes.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

I got one of the first LT2’s, over 5 years ago and can’t fault it. Built it up fairly XC, but gradually been getting burlier ever since. It’s my only bike so I use it for everything from XC to steep, techy Munro descents and it just does everything I ask of it, the only limitation being the rider.

It’s been very low maintenance despite being ridden at least twice a week for the 5 years and over some pretty punishing terrain. The lower shock bushings did wear quickly with the top hat jobs, but now getting about 9 months out of them having gone for the BETD strong bushing. Takes about 5 mins to replace with a new hula hoop which is £4. The top linkage bearings lasted 3.5 years and the lowers 4.5 years. They are warrantied for life so replacement cost is labour only.

Here’s the bike two years ago. Major upgrade since then is a Rev RLT Ti 150 fork which is just about perfect. The next bike will be the carbon version of the LT and the only significant change I might make is possibly to go for a Talas 160 rather than a Rev

My Blur LT2 Aug 2010 by CaptainMainwaring1, on Flickr

Edit:

I think the only downside is the potential bearing changes

The bearing issue was on the original Blurs. The BLT2’s do not have this issue

dirtyrider
    Free Member

ive got a carbon one, only finished building last week and used it once in the peaks,

cannot really comment much, but here is a pic

dirtyrider
    Free Member

wrong topic

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘SC Blur Lt’ is closed to new replies.