Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • SC 5010 V2 anyone else having trouble getting the rear shock just right?
  • zelak999
    Free Member

Struggling to find the goldilocks set up with my fox evol Shock on the 5010 v2.
    If I set to 30% sag it seems pretty harsh on quick bumps.
    It never seems to bottom out either.
    If if take air out to use the full stroke of the shock I’m on 40-50% sag.
    Do I need to get it tuned?

mikeep
    Free Member

Doubt you need it tuned.

Too much rebound damping may be the culprit for it feeling harsh on bumps. Not returning quick enough.

You also may need to change the volume spacers if you ain’t getting full travel.

poey50
    Free Member

Try the next size down volume spacer.

zelak999
    Free Member

Still struggling to get the feel right, if I get it to feel plush I get about 40% sag.
    Any advice? The rebound it set to be pretty quick.
    I sent it back to mojo who said it needed a custom tune as the tune by sc was a light tune.
    Doesn’t seem any different though, just harder to bottom out.

goodgrief
    Free Member

Do you know if there’s any volume reducers fitted?

zelak999
    Free Member

Good grief I’m not sure, Mojo said they have ‘revalved it to suit a rider of 185 lbs’.

goodgrief
    Free Member

Pull off the air can and have a look, sounds like you could do with a smaller/no reducer.
    https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=fox+float+evol+volume+reducer

Mojo used to be quite known for firm shock tunes relative to TF, not sure if that’s still valid.

zelak999
    Free Member

Thanks GG I’ll take a look

tom.nash

I run mine at about 30% sag and rarely use all the travel and that’s hammering some of Innerleithen’s steepest tracks (not landing big drops though). The beauty of the VPP is that it does feel bottomless. Not wanting to suck eggs, when you set it up make sure the blue lever is to open/descend or whatever Fox are calling it this week.

Some of it does come down to rider preference, I hate a shock that wallows and sits too deep in it’s travel hence the 30% sag maximum.

zippykona

Rorschach
    Free Member

How often and how hard are you landing to get full travel? I only ever set my fs bikes to get full travel on the ohmyflippinchrist stuff.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘SC 5010 V2 anyone else having trouble getting the rear shock just right?’ is closed to new replies.