Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • SBR/Bonthrone bikes – pwned :)
  • grumm
    Free Member

Got a message on bikeradar the other day from Windsor and Maidenhead Trading Standards – I posted on a big thread over there about how shit SBR are, and now they are being investigated and want more info from people who have been messed about 🙂

Here was the main bit of my response:

I ordered 2 products on the 28th February which were described as being in stock, but I didn’t receive a confirmation email. I emailed them on the 3rd of March to check what was going on as their online account tracking showed the order as ‘awaiting invoice’. They told me I would have the products by the end of the week.

One of the items arrived the week after, simply wrapped in a carrier bag which I do not consider adequate packaging – it was slightly cosmetically damaged but seemed to be functionally ok.

I emailed them on the 13th March as the other item still hadn’t arrived –they replied to say the tyres would now be with them on the 20th March

Still sign of the tyres – I emailed them again on the 30th of March and they replied to tell me the tyres would now not be available until the second week in April. They had made no attempt to let me know of any of the delays until I chased it up.

So I asked for an immediate refund, which they said they would do.

I contacted them again on the 7th April as I still hadn’t received the refund, which they told me had been ‘passed on to their refunds department’.

I contacted them again on the 21st of April as I still hadn’t received the refund – threatening to get in touch with trading standards if I didn’t receive it soon.

A few days later someone from SBR rang up, I had to give my card details again, and they finally processed the refund, nearly 2 months after ordering goods that were supposedly in stock.

I know my tale isn't that bad, but the combined tally of mine and various other people's issues with them will hopefully get them into some shit. 😛

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

Me too. Had a similar e-mail. You were lucky – I had to get my credit card company to give a refund. Looks like they might be in the S H 1 T.

funkynick

I ordered from them for the first time in a long time a couple of weeks ago, for some forks seals which they said they had in stock but about £10 cheaper than anywhere else… they then immediately emailed to say they were out of stock and would have stock on a certain date.

The bits actually turned up earlier than they stated, so my only gripe would be stating they had stock when they didn't… but that seems to be the case on a number of sites, but they did keep me informed.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    grumm
    Free Member

It was only after threatening them with trading standards that they did eventually refund me.

They also never at any point informed me of what was going on unless I chased it up.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

They aren't really a proper bike supplier anymore now. Which is why they have stock problems I think. The shop in Putney/Fulham is mainly a running shop now (SBS). They sucked when it was Bonthrone the bike shop, they seem to suck even more now. Staff in there don't have a clue either. They could probably sell you some running shoes though.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘SBR/Bonthrone bikes – pwned :)’ is closed to new replies.