Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Say you were going on a 'wild' night out in err……Truro
  • bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Where would you go?

Alright, we're talking about Truro here, so for 'wild' read 'moderately well imbibed'.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

I live just outside it.

You must go to the One Eyed Cat, the Old Grammar School, the Riverside, the Old Ale House and whatever else you stumble across. Loads of pubs in Truro some quite decent.

One eyed cat usually has a late license as does the Old Grammar School that plays great chooons.

Shout if you need food ideas too.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Cheers for the recommendations.

Okay, on the food front…something Mediterranean like Tapas or Greek would be good, any thoughts? Decent Italian more than acceptable too.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Piero's is OK for Italian

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

I second Piero's but there's also the usual ASK and Pizza Express too which are okay. Bit low on Mediterranean stuff although a lovely little restaurant called Saffron has a lot of Med influenced food.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Just been on the website for Saffron, menu seems to contain loads of culinary delights…think I'll give it a go.

Thanks.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

It's well worth the extra cost of other (slightly dull) Truro restaurants. Cracking wine list too.

There was a place that I reckon was the best restaurant in Cornwall or even the South West called Gaudis but it shut down under slightly odd circumstances. A real shame. Truro needs more good restaurants IMO.

slackman99
    Free Member

What about an evening brewery tour at Skinners. Pasty, and pretty much as much 'quality control' beer as you want, for less than £20 each if you have some mates.

Not in the slightest Mediteranian.

You could try Bar 2000 (or is it 3000) which is down a small alley opposite the museum. Out of the way, so nice a quiet, bit pricey, but nice lager and cocktails if that's your bag.

Otherwise, as mentioned above you could do a lot worse than the old ale house.

You could finish your evening off with possibly the classiest night club in Cornwall…..L2.

Enjoy!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Head up to Cambourne, highest teen pregnancy rate in europe 😀

With the corn exchange doing £5 entry and £1 drinks (even pints of halucination inducing cider) its easy to see why.

To this day I've no idea how we made it back to Portreath, presumably someone drove us, :s

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Say you were going on a 'wild' night out in err……Truro’ is closed to new replies.